Second Time Home Buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Time Home Buyers

Does anyone have problems with Second Time buyers that buy BEFORE Nov 6th?
    SueBaby

TTB 11-3. Purchase pre- 6 Nov 09 is not FTHBC eligible, if that's your question.

Comment

Originally posted by BP. View Post
      TTB 11-3. Purchase pre- 6 Nov 09 is not FTHBC eligible, if that's your question.
      I know that date but the people don't and they are very upset they are NOT eligible for that money that they have planned on. That was the problem I am having ==upset people.
      SueBaby

Comment

Oh, sorry, SueBaby! OK, you meant upset clients. No, the upset ones are the ones who got the $7,500 "FTHB" loan and have to pay it back. Barb

Comment

Seems like we just got over soothing upset clients who lost out on the credit for replacing windows in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by BP. View Post
            Oh, sorry, SueBaby! OK, you meant upset clients. No, the upset ones are the ones who got the $7,500 "FTHB" loan and have to pay it back. Barb
            Yeah I have plenty of those too!!
            SueBaby

Comment

Well, I'M a little upset

Because nobody gave ME an interest free loan OR a fat credit to help me build MY house.

Also, you all know who is funding those loans and credits. US!!

OK, sorry. My little rant for the day is finished. lol.
              If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
                Seems like we just got over soothing upset clients who lost out on the credit for replacing windows in 2008.
                Yes and feels like I'm still rubbing salt in some wounds by asking if anyone made qualified energy improvements in 2009. Not to mention asking if they purchased a new car in 2009. Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by SueBaby View Post
                  I know that date but the people don't and they are very upset they are NOT eligible for that money that they have planned on. That was the problem I am having ==upset people.
                  Think of this as a learing experience for your clients and a business opportunity for you.
                  Remind your clients that tax planning is an itegral part of tax preparation. Maybe next time they will realize that they should consult with you before getting involved in any significant financial transactions...............All problems are really opportunities in disguise!
                  Last edited by jimmcg; 02-08-2010, 12:24 PM.

Comment

The trouble with this credit

This credit is maddening. It changed more than some people change underwear. Even if they do call us BEFORE they make a decision, (they won't), when the credit changes down the road, they will blame us for giving bad advice. They may change it to $9,000 credit if you buy your house on a Tuesday when there's a full moon. Who knows?
                    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Working...
                    X