NT / Wow! I love this client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT / Wow! I love this client

I had remarked to a client when she dropped off her stuff last week that I loved her purse.

When she picked up her return just now, SHE GAVE ME A PURSE JUST LIKE IT!!

Wow, made my day! So thoughtful!
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

What a coincidence.
    Sounds similar to something that happened to me last week.

I had a client in here who was sneezing & coughing to beat the band.
    I commented that he probably had a cold.
    Sure enough, when I woke up the next day I found out he had given me one too.
    Last edited by JohnH; 02-04-2010, 12:56 PM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post

I had a client in here
      What??? Apparently there's a good reason this goes against your regular SOP!

Comment

LOL, I thought you were going to say...

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
        What a coincidence.
        Sounds similar to something that happened to me last week.

I had a client in here who was sneezing & coughing to beat the band.
        I commented that he probably had a cold.
        Sure enough, when I woke up the next day I found out he had given me one too.
        ... that a client also gave YOU a purse! You crack me up, JohnH!

Comment

Both of you

crack me up. Thanks for the good laughs.

Comment

Rita

You have a good friend there who is more than a client. I have some like that too. I guess neither of us charges enough. Now that you are a tax professional and no longer a meter maid you should expect to be paid more.

Comment

I have a long story about my first pig, Now my clients bring me pigs to add to my collection. A girl once said she counted 107 pigs in my office (I also have some at home). It is crazy, but I love it. The gal that used to work with me collected Cows. When clients could not remember our names the receptionist would ask them, "Well, were you in the room with the Pigs, or the Cows." They did not know our name, but they knew us by our surroundings.

Jan

Comment

Little Story

Originally posted by erchess View Post
                You have a good friend there who is more than a client. I have some like that too. I guess neither of us charges enough. Now that you are a tax professional and no longer a meter maid you should expect to be paid more.
                This lady comes from another town, and first came to me when her preparer had a "little trouble" with IRS. (Got shut down.) Seems her previous preparer was quite a piece of work. For example, preparer listed their church contributions (and they really tithed, too) on page 2 of Sch C, and even identified them as "Church Contributions". People came from far and wide to see this fantastic preparer. "She must know what she's doing, cause she used to work FOR IRS, and I'm getting all this money back, SWEET!"

I took one look at the prior year return, and told the lady, "You WILL be audited, and I will help you if I can to get organized, but you owe tax." I went through all the glaring errors with her. Sure enough, they got audited, paid what they owed, and have been with me ever since.

Comment

Took Me a Minute

To figure out why it was advantageous to put church contributions on C. I need more caffeine I guess.

To anyone who didn't get the reference I called Rita a meter maid because the Beatles had an early song "Lovely Rita, Meter Maid". If you didn't get the reference you are not of my generation though you could I suppose be even older than I am.

Comment

Beatles

Hey, they had the #1 song on the day I was born: I Want To Hold Your Hand.

Daddy always said Moma about squeezed HIS hand off during labor! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
                      I had remarked to a client when she dropped off her stuff last week that I loved her purse.

When she picked up her return just now, SHE GAVE ME A PURSE JUST LIKE IT!!

Wow, made my day! So thoughtful!
                      I have a client that works in a leather shop and he brings me a purse or something that he has made of leather (one year it was slippers); and brings my husband something to not to leave him out.

He is one of our favorite people and makes up for the ones we want to get mad at; pull our hair out or kill.
                      SueBaby

Comment

Speaking of cows..

I started doing taxes as a kid. Used to go with Dad to clients houses (that was 36 years ago). One of my Dad's clients used to pay him with Veal.... Did that for years.. Brings back lots of memories... No computes back then!! Hmm.. I wonder if Dad reported that barter transaction?

My dad passed away two years ago. I now am the owner of the original brief case that I carried as a kid.. It's right here at my feet for every preparation....
                        Matthew Jones
                        Tax Preparation
                        Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
                        Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

My children grew up with the Beatles music playing all day and night, so I was familiar with the song....

I still listen to Cubby Checker and "twist the night away" while I burn the midnight oil.

Comment

Have anyone had a problem with these "gifting clients" and have you ever tried to raise there fee for more complicate returns or do you just let them slide with the same fee.
                            This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I find

that clients whose situations become more complex naturally understand that their fees will go up. By the same token if things get simpler then their fee may actually go down or at least stay the same even though I increased my rates.

Comment

Working...
                              X