Residential Energy Credits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Residential Energy Credits

Instruction to the Form 5695 say do not include installation for windows. But TTB p 11-13 says to include them.

Everything else I have read has been no installation for windows. Any opinion, or am I reading TTB wrong?

Originally posted by tpnl View Post
    Instruction to the Form 5695 say do not include installation for windows. But TTB p 11-13 says to include them.

Everything else I have read has been no installation for windows. Any opinion, or am I reading TTB wrong?
    I just finished my own tax return today and took the credit for the costs of the
    windows only, as per Energy star website and IRS. Didn't think to read the TaxBook!

Perhaps I'll wait to transmit until someone else replies here. (grin) AFter all, THIS
    board is substantial authority.
    (another wry grin)
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Everything I've read says that installation costs are not included.

Comment

One time:

I don't often have the opportunity to say this, BUT, in this one case there is a big piece of information missing from TTB coverage of this subject. For some things, windows, doors and insulation for starters, installation costs ARE NOT included. For many other of the eligible items it is included. I ran into this while researching a question about the credits today for one of my clients.
        Hey BRAD!! Time for an update? A nice chart of the differences would be nice. the Energy star web site has all the information but not easy to find all the pieces.
        AJ, EA

Comment

Working...
        X