1099 for PA U/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099 for PA U/C

Earlier, I had a client call me and say he received a corrected 1099 for PA Unemployment Comp from 2009. He just dropped it off and the corrected copy was less than the original one - but it was a good thing I had not processed his return yet. Hopefully this is not going to be a repeat of several years ago when PA had a ton of 1099's for UC incorrect and had to issue new forms. Any other PA preparers seen this happening?

Yes I have. Ridiculous.

Comment

Great - can't PA do anything right? I have several returns finished and ready to efile right now that have UC benefits. Maybe I should wait a day to see if any of them call with a revised 1099.

Comment

Two of my clients told me they were actually contacted by phone to let them know they were getting corrected UC-1099's. (???) Utterly ridiculous. Heads oughta roll & they should let taxpayers know just how much this second fiasco is costing us.

Comment

Yup

Seems like it happens every couple years with PA. Apparently it's terribly complicated to simply add up the amounts of checks issued, without some sort of fancy computational type magical device.
          Sarcasm aside. When a client has PA UC, ask them for their pin number. You can look up the info yourself with their SS & pin on the website. Confirm the amount before you do the return. You can find the site by googling 'pa uc online'.

Comment

Working...
          X