Looking for the energy credit chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for the energy credit chart

Not too long ago, someone posted a link for the energy credits and the specifics. Can't find it now, can anyone help me?

Energy Star?

Was it EnergyStar.com or something like that? Or are you referring to a link on the IRS.gov site? Or instructions for the Form?

Comment

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
      Not too long ago, someone posted a link for the energy credits and the specifics. Can't find it now, can anyone help me?
      Try http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...tx_index#chart

Comment

There was a link and several pages in a chart was printable. I'm having lots of questions on energy credits and I need to research more. I'm telling most that the certification has to come from the retailer they purchased from. Is that reliable?

Comment

The link

that Larmil posted it the only one I use. (other than TTB).
          The manufacturer must label all the products and those labels are the only thing to believe. Watch for door and windows, the rules changed on June 1, 2009. more strict after that. many energy star windows do not meet the post 6/01 requirements.
          AJ, EA

Comment

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
            There was a link and several pages in a chart was printable. I'm having lots of questions on energy credits and I need to research more. I'm telling most that the certification has to come from the retailer they purchased from. Is that reliable?
            Heavens no. Retailers don't know beans about energy equipment qualifications.
            Just today client was happy about getting credit for "energy efficient" 30 year guarantee new asphalt roof shingles, because the installer had assured them it
            qualified. The links from the energystar web site mentioned above showed
            which types of GAF Timberline shingles did qualify.

Another one today, had a bill for the new windows which by the way do meet the
            criteria. But the bill was simply one figure: $2,000 labor included.
            No separate breakdown of just the windows' cost. The invoice did have on it
            "Energy certified builder." hah!
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
            X