Security Program Good Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Program Good Deal

I got this from a tech newletter I subscribe to and wanted to pass it along if it's of any interest.

WinPatrol Plus for Under a Buck
    One of my favorite security programs can be had for under a buck. Yep, the current version of WinPatrol, normally $30, will cost you a mere 99 cents.

This is a one-day only experiment starting at midnight EST on Jan 29th and will last 24 hours. It will be available at WinPatrol.com. The 99 cent license will be good for life. The FAQ and other details are on WinPatrol author Bill Pytlovany's blog.
    "LOL -- I can't believe that's the most often question asked," said Bill when I questioned him about the timing. To clear it up, Bill said, "on Thursday night at midnight, I'll be in bed. A little batch file will automatically flip the switch so the price will be 99 cents. The bottom line is every minute of Eastern Standard Time that exists throughout January 29 will have the experimental pricing." So there.

Ladies and gents, this is not a scam -- and a deal you ought not to pass up.
    Sandy >^..^<

Do not buy anything that says it is not a scam.
    Sage advice.
    JG

Comment

My advise is to google for spam info sites and see if it is listed there.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Link to review

I know nothing about the program - am quite content with my current antiviral and maintenance software programs - but the following is provided FYI:

We all know that multiple real-time protection can cause conflict and performance issue on the computer especially if the protection will monitor the same areas in Windows. We also know that anti-virus, anti-spyware or anti-malware is not enough to prevent infection and critical changes on our system. In this review, I’ll write about WinPatrol, free security software for Windows that will not bring your system to its knees.

FE

Comment

scotty the watchdog

This is one of the greatest free programs in the history of the 'net, IMO. I have used the free version for at least 5 years on my home computer. Runs in the background uses little resources and has a lot of features to keep you safe. Sucks I did not see this thread, I would have jumped all over it. If you use any version of IE, then you really need this program.

I would pay for the upgraded version, but I'd rather spend my money on beer than software.
          If I'm wrong, please correct me, because I don't have the tax knowledge y'all have. Cheers!

admin@badfloridadrivers.com

Comment

It wasn't a scam and even the free version of the program is extremely handy.

Comment

I'm sorry if anyone was offended at the post. I forgot to mark it NT. I copied exactly what I got from my tech newsletter and only wanted to try to pass along what I believed was a good deal. I did take advantage of it myself.
              Sandy >^..^<

Comment

Working...
              X