Third Party Designee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Party Designee

The instructions for naming the tax preparer as the third party designee to discuss the processing of a return with the IRS have changed. They no longer say to use the literal preparer. Instead, you are to enter your name, phone number and PIN, just like any other designee.

NY has also changed its instructions to match the federal. On my first return, the software dutifully copied the word "preparer" from the Federal to the State, and then gave me a fatal diagnostic on the state.

Originally posted by DonPriebe View Post
    The instructions for naming the tax preparer as the third party designee to discuss the processing of a return with the IRS have changed. They no longer say to use the literal preparer. Instead, you are to enter your name, phone number and PIN, just like any other designee.

NY has also changed its instructions to match the federal. On my first return, the software dutifully copied the word "preparer" from the Federal to the State, and then gave me a fatal diagnostic on the state.
    I remember reading that to, but I completed 8 returns and never looked how my software handled it. I will have to take a look.

ADDED: I just checked and it is printing my name telephone and pin
    Last edited by BOB W; 01-26-2010, 10:43 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
    X