Alimony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alimony

I am reading a divorce decree and it states he will pay alimony $ 1200 a month to his ex spouse and under that para it states that the following maintenance items will be provided:
    Money for dental implants , money for her to set up and IRA, money for medical all to be paid as needed up through and including 2013.

Question: would those maintenance items be considered part of and added to alimony?

I vote yes

As the payments for IRA, medical etc are to last for 5 years it sounds like alimony to me.

Comment

Here is the IRS PUB 17. I did not see anything about IRA's but I think it would also quality. Strange that it did not mention how much of an IRA payment would be paid annually.

This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Alimony

Thanks Bob W and others who replied to my questions...

Comment

I had a client who paid his ex-wife's health insurance for 5 years, and it was treated as alimony. Income to her, but then she got to deduct premiums, and deduction for him as alimony paid.

Comment

Look at page 12-12 In

Ttb...........

Comment

Working...
            X