Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT / Funny Calls

Checked my machine:

Caller 1: "Hey, Rita, this is Joe Taxpayer. Please give me a call at blah, blah, blah." The number he gave is MY number. Guess he is coming over after I leave to clear off my desk, and I'll call him from home.

Caller 2: "Hey, Rita. My daughter got her taxes done today at Joe Competitor's. They said if you draw disability, you can file and get $200 back. Do you know anything about that?"

OK, that second one was more irritating than funny.
    Last edited by RitaB; 01-15-2010, 04:35 PM.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Just out of curiousity - Did you call the second one back? :-)

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Caller #2

Call #2 back to say YES and then hang up.

Comment

Yeah

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
        Just out of curiousity - Did you call the second one back? :-)

LT
        Yes, I called her back. The caller is retired and not required to file, but I used to prepare her returns. I told her "The other preparer may have been thinking about the $250 check you received in the summer, and your daughter misunderstood. You did get that check, right?"

She said she did, and if I heard of anything she could get back, give her or her daughter (who can't wait two weeks for her refund so she goes elsewhere) a call.

Comment

Originally posted by RCooper View Post
          My daughter got her taxes done today at Joe Competitor's. They said if you draw disability, you can file and get $200 back. Do you know anything about that?"
          Are you talking about the Economic Stimulus payment? Why is it $200? I guess I missed some education.

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by Lion View Post
            Call #2 back to say YES and then hang up.
            We were posting at the same time, and I just saw this.

I did get a little attitude one time last year when I had about had it with, "How much do you charge?" calls.

I told one guy, "So far, between $45 and $600."

Silence.

"OK, thanks. Bye."

Comment

You didn't miss anything

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
              Are you talking about the Economic Stimulus payment? Why is it $200? I guess I missed some education.
              I am assuming the daughter or the mother misunderstood what they heard. Don't know - I may get to repair daughter's return...
              Last edited by RitaB; 01-16-2010, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I am listed in the yellow pages under a couple headings, one of which is "Tax Services" so naturally I got one caller who was looking for a ride to the airport.

Comment

Rita:

Have you had this call yet?

Client: Hi Rita, are you still doing taxes this year?
                  You : Yes, didn't you get the organizer I mailed out last week?
                  Client: Yeah, but I just wanted to check anyhow.
                  You : Well, do you want to make an appointment?
                  Client: No, I just wanted to let you know I'm getting my stuff together. I'll call for an appointment later.
                  "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Sometimes I'll get a call from out of the blue asking if I can do an estimate.

Sure I can, and then ask if the person has already made the first three payments for the year. That perplexes the hell out of them!

But yes, I have seen ads advertising "free estimates" in the newspaper.
                    ChEAr$,
                    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

A few years back when I was with another company, a customer came in and asked if we were the Taxidermy service????

Comment

Me: Hello

Caller: Hi, my name is Mike (Heavy Indian Accent - why are they all Mike?), and I'm calling from the local yellow pages.

Me: And where are you calling from?

Caller: Well, I'm in India

Me: So your not really local, are you?

Caller: Excuse Me?

It all went downhill from there for Mike.
                        Gary B., E.A.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
                          A few years back when I was with another company, a customer came in and asked if we were the Taxidermy service????
                          And have ye noticed "Tax preparation" is right next to "Taxis" in the yellow pages?
                          Have ye ever gotten a call for a ride, Bonnie lass?
                          ChEAr$,
                          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by RCooper View Post
                            We were posting at the same time, and I just saw this.

I did get a little attitude one time last year when I had about had it with, "How much do you charge?" calls.

I told one guy, "So far, between $45 and $600."

Silence.

"OK, thanks. Bye."
                            I tell them most returns are $100 to $500. I used to do some as low as $ 25, but they just aren't worth it. I don't have any that are under $ 100 unless it is for a client's child for which I charge between zero and $ 50--unless the child is a full-time employee and not a student.

Comment

Working...
                            X