$250 Social Security Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So,the IRS does have the info

[QUOTE=BP.;91550]"Reject Code 1132 - Schedule M. Economic Recovery received does not match IRS Master Records."

"An economic Recovery Payment may have been received if social security benefits, supplement security income, railroad retirement benefits, or veterans disability compensation or pension benefits were received."

QUOTE]

If the IRS has this information, why no website to verify?
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

It was

Originally posted by BP. View Post
      I was thinking the payment was a separate check or direct deposit item, but this seems to indicate otherwise.
      It was a separate deposit or check. It was not included in you normal SS.

Comment

The 250.00 rebate is a separate payment

Ref post by BP - reject code 1132, Sch M: Both I and my wife received separate direct depost amounts of 250 ea in May 09, The letter that we both received specifically states: "We will NOT include the payment in your monthly Social Security or other benefits. You will receive the 250. payment separately. In addition it also says: The law requires the Dept of the Treasury to offset these one-time payments to collect deliquent child support and other debts owed to state and federal agencies. Also, Since every family situation is different and the rules can be complicated, please visit www.socialsecurity.gov to learn more and review our FAQs on the economic recovery payments".

Comment

Thanks Edward & clr! So much for THAT reason why people "may not realize" they got a payment.

Comment

Economic Stimulus Payment - 250.00

Reference my post #18 of 17 Jan 09, para a: I should have included the following from the SS website: The ARRA of 2009 provides for one-time payments of $250.00 to individuals who WERE, OR ARE FOUND TO BE ELIGIBLE for Social Security and SSI benefits during any one of the three months (NOV 08, DEC 08 AND JAN 09). Therefore if they become eligible in FEB - DEC 09, THEY WILL NOT BE receiving any kind of stimulus payment. Individuals are only entitled to one payment regardless of how many types of benefits they recieve. For example, if an individual receives any combination of SS, SSI, RR, or Veterans benefits, they will only get one payment. The agency will issue one-time payments through Dec 31, 2010. NATP has confirmed what I've stated above.

Comment

Working...
            X