Economic Recovery Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Economic Recovery Payment

How do we verify with IRS or SSA that our clients received the $250/each economic recovery payment in 2009?

If your clients are like mine, not a single one has any recollection of receiving the payment.

The payments were direct deposited, so no check was received.

The IRS doesn't have the information from SSA because SSA made the payments.

SSA doesn't care that the information is needed for the proper preparation of the recipient's income tax return.
    Jiggers, EA

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
    How do we verify with IRS or SSA that our clients received the $250/each economic recovery payment in 2009?

If your clients are like mine, not a single one has any recollection of receiving the payment.

The payments were direct deposited, so no check was received.

The IRS doesn't have the information from SSA because SSA made the payments.

SSA doesn't care that the information is needed for the proper preparation of the recipient's income tax return.
    From the SSA website: "Only individuals eligible for Social Security, SSI, Veterans, or Railroad Retirement benefits at any time during the months of November 2008, December 2008, or January 2009 may be eligible for the one-time payment." If a client falls within these specs I would assume $250 unless they can show me otherwise.

Comment

Should be on SSA-1099

At one if the conferences I attended, we were told this would show up on the SSA-1099.

Comment

Not on 1099-SSA

Originally posted by Kram BergGold View Post
        At one if the conferences I attended, we were told this would show up on the SSA-1099.
        Not on the ones that I have seen.
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

$250 not on mine or others i've seen so far

Comment

Working...
          X