Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Form 5405 (FTHB Credit)

Is the IRS messing with me?

I've been monitoring the form for a few weeks and I swear I saw a PFD version of the 2008 form with a first page that gave notice of the coming revision and a January 8, 2010 date.

Now that date is gone and no revision yet.

I'm wonderring if I've got a problem with cached pages of old forms though ??

New Jan 8 posting

There are two new January 8 postings. One is the 2008 form with with a slightly reworded message that the new 2009 form must be used in 2009, and the other is the "instructions" for the 5405 that is simply a notice that the new 2009 form and instructions will be posted "soon".

Comment

Drake Tax Software now has the new form 5405 which came recently in an update.

Comment

Various software may have the form - but the IRS still has not released the final version. So Drake and other software companies have the draft version in their software. There's not likely to be any change to the final version, but it's not really the final version yet (if only because it hasn't been declared to be the final version yet by the IRS.)

You can find the IRS draft 5405 by doing a google search "IRS draft 5405". Unfortunately, as of yet, I haven't seen instructions for the 2009 version.

Comment

Working...
        X