Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EIC Worksheets - Drake Users & Others

Not a commercial for Drake just an observation

So I switched to Drake this year. I have been doing practice returns the past few weeks. While doing these returns I noticed the EIC Due Diligence forms. These forms are VERY detailed. Much more than I am use to filling out with my old software.

Questions relating to:

Income is there enough to support the child

SE Income - extreme detailed questions here from banking account type, how long the business has been open, were the records satisfactory for income and expense, and other questions.

HOH - can they provide receipts for the deduction of the child. Like utilities, rent, etc.

I have to say I am extremely happy with these worksheets. If these worksheets are not filled out then error messages come up to fill them out. My other tax software I have used for so long did not have this much detail. They may this year but I have to say I am just really excited. This is so helpful to the tax preparer to make sure everything is covered.

Would you like to share

I would like to see a copy of what they have to compare to what I ask on my own form. Would you be willing to allow me to see a copy of the form?

Thanks,

Dusty

Comment

I am using Drake this year also. I love the wooksheets. There is no way a preparer can be held negligent if s/he follows the questionaires in the worksheets diligently in claiming EIC, Child tax Credit and Self Emploment.

Comment

Drake is really good about doing what they can to protect us. These worksheets were new last year. They also keep us informed on the 7216 (disclosure )rules last year. The more I am with Drake the more impressed I am with them. Be sure and get involved with their Forum. It is a great source of information, and a good place to get help with their program.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty2004 View Post
          I would like to see a copy of what they have to compare to what I ask on my own form. Would you be willing to allow me to see a copy of the form?

Thanks,

Dusty
          Hi Dusty,

Private Message me on the board and I'll email you one.

Dany

Comment

Working...
          X