Irs Visit Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irs Visit Letter

I'm sure some have seen this from NAEA but here it is again> 1 small paragraph.

"NAEA Senior Director, Government Relations Bob Kerr has asked these questions (and more) of the agency. If you've received a letter, don't panic, but do contact the GR team (either Bob Kerr or Legislative and Regulatory Assistant James Kuhl) and talk with them."

202-822-6232 Robert Kerr ext 109 James Kuhl Ext 102

Here is more on the topic.

Last edited by BOB W; 01-08-2010, 08:36 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Naea

Yes Bob W - came through email today so following is the portion of the email pertaining to this thread

IRS Launches Effort to Ensure Accurate Return Preparation in 2010
    At the same time IRS unveiled its return preparer strategy, it also released its plan to ensure paid return preparers are "assisting clients appropriately." Fact Sheet 10-2 provides detail, but in a nutshell, IRS is promising: a) letters; and b) visits. Thanks to more than one member, we know that the letter is focused on Schedule C, Schedule A, EITC, and the First Time Homebuyer Credit. As to the visits, IRS is promising to "visit thousands of return preparers" to discuss issues described in the letter.

What we don't know is:

· How the agency chose the lucky letter recipients? By audit volume? At random? By Schedule A/Schedule C volume?

· How many letters did the agency send? The statement "more than 10,000" is rather vague.

· Has IRS stepped up the number of visits it ordinarily conducts? The agency already schedules special program visits (for EITC compliance, for instance) and e-filing visits.

NAEA Senior Director, Government Relations Bob Kerr has asked these questions (and more) of the agency. If you've received a letter, don't panic, but do contact the GR team (either Bob Kerr or Legislative and Regulatory Assistant James Kuhl) and talk with them.
    Sandy
    Last edited by S T; 01-08-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

The main issue here is that NAEA wants those that receive the letter to contact them. I listed the phone number and extensions on my first post. (After the Fact)
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
      X