NY regisration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY regisration

They have updated the on line format I think and I got through it ok. For non NY preparers register first as an individual. Be careful, your permanent password has to have at least 3 letters.

Finally

Well I am glad to hear that NY updated their online process - I completed it in early December, and if it had not been for Lion attending a seminar and forwarding screen shots, I would still be at the registration process.

I don't know whey "things have to be so complicated" sometimes

Congratulations on finally registering

Sandy

Comment

Me, too

I finally got around to registering. I pulled out my book from a December seminar that included a NY speaker whose handouts included screen shots all the way through. It was still a pain. Plan on taking 20-30 minutes.

It asks if I file NY returns. I answered Yes. But, it meant do I file my own personal NY return, which is a No. Watch out for the user name and password rules, so many letters and so many numbers and minimum characters and.... And, the first password will be replaced as soon as you log in, so don't spend too much time on the first one, but don't forget to write down your second (permanent) password. You do get your number and certificate at the end of the registration.

Now, I have to wait for my software to update this weekend so it includes the place to put in my NY number once to be used on all my NY returns.

Good luck to all who file NY returns!

Comment

First?

Did I miss something, or stop too soon? Mark said to register first as an individual. That's how I registered. Do I need to go back in and register as my LLC now? It asked questions about my EIN and business name and other stuff like that. It sounded as if I was doing everything together. Does it need a separate registration for my SMLLC? I really don't like dealing with NY!

Comment

I just got my UT state programs today. I had to figure out where to put the NYS reg #. I finally found it where preparer info goes. DA!
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Signature

Yes, for ProSystem fx, they told me it'll be in Office Manager, Signature Block, up around the federal stuff but be used on NY returns only. It'll be in this weekend's update, so I haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Working...
            X