Batch emailing in Pro Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch emailing in Pro Series?

Tech support says NO this morning but says some users have already requested this enhancement. I also put in a request for this enhancement. Remember, the more users that request the enhancement, the greater chance it will be done.

I'm unclear

as to what you want to send by batch email. Under "tools" there is 2 choices to send out client check lists. 1. snail mail 2. email. Yesterday I tried to do the email thingy and ended up w/tech svc. I was told ProS supports 2003 and 2007 MicroSoft's Outlook. This is required in order to email batch tech sheets along with something like "Hotmail". My MS works is 2002 so I'm out of the picture for batch emailing the ck lists. It would have saved a lot of time and effort had I been able to do this. Hope they sometime make it more "friendly".
    Larry

Comment

Another neat reason for using batch emails is sending out return statuses. For example, if you had a custom report (I'm not familiar with ProSeries) that shows just the tax returns accepted by the IRS today you could batch email a "Your return has been accepted by the IRS" email.

Likewise, if you had a report for rejected returns you could do the same, but include something like "There was a problem transmitting your tax return to the IRS. Call me, ASAP!"

I'm not sure of any software that actually has this available in a user friendly manner. I know some has the ability to export custom reports into excel at which point you can use third party tools to accomplish the goal.

Comment

Working...
      X