I may be losing my mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be losing my mind

but I think I read somewhere that under the terms of the FTHB Credit there is a provision to the effect that if you owned and lived in a home for five or more years you can get a credit. I'm not sure if you had to sell the old place and get a new one or if you had to just stay in the old home place.

Naturally I can't find anything about this anywhere. I would like to be told for sure that there is no such provision or to be told where to read up on it. (I don't use hallucinogens but then again I don't need to ha ha.)

Get a new one..........................
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

They sell new ones on ebay for pretty cheap.

Comment

Watch the movie!

... I think I read somewhere that under the terms of the FTHB Credit there is a provision to the effect that if you owned and lived in a home for five or more years you can get a credit. I'm not sure if you had to sell the old place and get a new one or if you had to just stay in the old home place.

Naturally I can't find anything about this anywhere. I would like to be told for sure that there is no such provision or to be told where to read up on it.
        You could read about it on the IRS web site, http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...215791,00.html or you can watch the pretty IRS lady tell you about it on You Tube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkzB03uuGlg
        Last edited by DonPriebe; 01-05-2010, 04:31 PM.

Comment

TY Don

What I read makes sense. I may even be able to keep it straight in my head.
          Last edited by erchess; 01-05-2010, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X