Rals-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rals

Having worked for HRB and now run an independent store front tax office there are bad preparers at all levels.In my neighborhood out of about 10 tax offices of all kind I am the only one open year round(8hrs a week off season).I fix problems from both the big chains and the other independents.Maybe that is why in the 7 years I have been there we have grown from 1050 to over 2200 returns.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
      Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,
      So those offices opened by individuals with no training are inheritently better? Those offices that are owned by an individual that close on April 15th because the owner heads to the Rockies for the summer. Therefore, their clients can't get any help regarding an IRS letter they have received. The clients can't even get a copy of a prior return. So, these clients come to the "national chain" to get help. Those chains that are staffed with inferior tax preparers?
      Better for the bottom line of the tax prep company? Sure. Better for the taxpayer? Absolutely not! One reason I'm a strong supporter in some kind of tax certification requirement. The free market absolutely fails the consumer in the current system (and no doubt costs the government, and hence the rest of us, lots of money.) That isn't to say you have to be a crook to be a success, it's just easier.

Comment

Working...
      X