Craigslist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craigslist?

Has anyone ever tried advertising on Craigslist? I've been doing so and got a couple of responses. Was surprised to find a lot of CPAs also advertising there.

I did, of course, get one knucklehead who interpreted my ad as "I provide tax consulting services to businesses for free." If anything i believe that craigslist will teach me how to deal with such knuckleheads. So anyway it was a matter of conveying the message to him that he really needs to consult with a pro before choosing entity, getting a business license, etc -- without actually telling him specifically what steps he ought to take. So if chooses H&R over me then so be it.

So, yes, I'm aware that there are a lot of 'lowest price' shoppers on Craigslist whose business i don't want.

I i did get to meet one businessperson whom i was very impressed with. He's said he'd be very interested in consulting with me in the near future. And I'd certainly be interested in working with him.

What's the cost to advertise there?

Comment

I had thought of doing the same thing but backed off. After some thought
      I would not want to deal with such knuckleheads. Please don't take this the wrong way but I really would not want a client that was looking on Craigslist for tax prep or other accounting services. Just me though.

Also there are some crazy people.I have heard of so horror stories coming from Craigslist. Don't know if they are true or not. But one is that if you sale a car or something else on there, sometimes the people that respond will scope out your home to see what else you have they might want. You know come back when you are not there and rob you. So I stay away from Craigslist for anything really.

Comment

I actually found

an opportunity to work with another firm during the season on Craigslist. I use it from my side of the desk - I look for businesses or individuals who have posted ads requiring accounting or tax work. If you screen well, and practice good internet safety (meeting in a public place, etc) I've had it work out a few times.

ATG
        "Congress has spoken to this issue through its audible silence."
        Anyone ever notice they beat the daylights out of the definition of a child, but they don't spend much time at all defining "parent"?

Comment

After the holiday hoopla I'm just seeing this now. Thanks to all who contributed.

Comment

I am glad somebody had some hoopla.

Comment

Craig's list

My wife saw an ad on Craig's list from someone looking for an accountant. I answered and gave them some information. I explained that I charged $ 125 per hour to discourage them from further discussion if they were bargain hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by taxxcpa View Post
                My wife saw an ad on Craig's list from someone looking for an accountant. I answered and gave them some information. I explained that I charged $ 125 per hour to discourage them from further discussion if they were bargain hunting.
                Love it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
                  I am glad somebody had some hoopla.
                  Burke,

On New Years Eve i was going real easy on the sauce because a woman was throwing the green light to me. And also, generally speaking, I make a point not to over indulge... [bulls***].

But the really really big hoopla was not till the next day. I gave my brother a detailed account about how this greatly anticipated event never materialized.

My brother was rolling on the floor.

Anyhow my brother was in good spirits that day while he and his wife tended to their two infants. I like to think that i helped him feel good about where he was at.

"Nothing is funnier than someone else's pain."

--- some crazy kid that i grew up with

Comment

Working...
                  X