printer suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

printer suggestions?

I need to purchase a printer. The last printer I have purchased was the HP4000. It has been great and has lasted over 12 years. I am looking for something similar. I need a true work horse that is network ready and holds 500 sheets. Any suggestions?

Samsung ML 450

would be my choice. Check it out.

Comment

I stayed with the HP Series Printer

I had an HP 4000 also and replaced it with an HP Laser Jet P4014n. Its absolutely super.

Comment

HP 4014n or 4015n?

I am looking at the HP 4014n and the HP 4015n. I have been reading reviews and they say you can not buy the high volume cartridge for the 4014n. How many pages are you getting out of your 64A? Have you had any problems at all with the 4014n? How long have you had it now?

Comment

Brother DCP 7020 Three in one. It's only black and white.

I love it. After looking at several i deemed this as most likely to deliver maximum 'bang for your buck.' Makes my life rather easy.

Comment

HP 4014n

Originally posted by nwtaxlady View Post
            I am looking at the HP 4014n and the HP 4015n. I have been reading reviews and they say you can not buy the high volume cartridge for the 4014n. How many pages are you getting out of your 64A? Have you had any problems at all with the 4014n? How long have you had it now?
            You can buy the cartridge directly from HP; it costs $187. I've never kept track of the number of copies from the 64A as it came with the printer which I purchased in March 2009 and I'm now getting a warning that I have less than 600 copies remaining on the 64A. Not bad as I'm now getting ready to replace it shortly. I have got alot of copies from it, and I've never had any problems whatsoever. Like I
            said, its a super printer and I wouldn't want anything else.

Comment

printers

I have bought several used 4050hp and 4100hpn for under $150.00 on ebay they are both 5 yrs old and have had no problems.

Comment

Deals at the moment

Originally posted by tacks View Post
                Brother DCP 7020 Three in one. It's only black and white.
                I actually just got rid of this thing yesterday - the cost of the drum and toner were making me nuts, plus I wanted a better sheetfed scanner for PDFs.

Just a note, Office Depot is offering $50 off a new printer $199 or more if you bring in an old one to recycle, and Staples is doing the same deal, but only on HP printers. Wanted to pass it along.

ATG
                "Congress has spoken to this issue through its audible silence."
                Anyone ever notice they beat the daylights out of the definition of a child, but they don't spend much time at all defining "parent"?

Comment

I keep saying I'm going to upgrade, but then I'll stumble across another HP LaserJet 1100 on ebay for $50 - $60 and I just can't pass up the deal. It's a real workhorse and very stingy with toner. Plus, the 1100A copier attachment provides a very handy single-sheet personal copier right at my desk.
                  "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Current Info on printers....

Thought I check to see the latest value on fast ppm laser black printers. I am considering the Lexmark™ E360d Laser Printer @ 40ppm. I have a roll out drawer in my office desk which limits me to: 11 to 11-1/2" H, 16" W and 20" D. This Lexmak should fit. If anyone of you currently use this printer I would appreciate your feedback. One question in particular I have is, does the paper curl after printing?

Comment

HP Laser Jet 1100

John, I have one of those too. I love that printer!!! I have never had any trouble with it. I got it in 2000 or 2001.
                      I was so disappointed when I bought my new laptop that I am using as a hard drive. My HP ll00 couldn't connect to it because it doesn't have a USB port attachment. So I put it on my husband's desk and he gets to use it now.
                      I bought a HP Laserjet 2600n. It is a color printer Cartridges are much more expensive and don't last as long as the other one. When one cartridge goes out they all have to be changed. But it just tells you that you must replace the magenta cartridge. So I did and then it told me I had to replace the cyan cartridge, which I did and then it told me to replace the yellow one. I had to go back to Staples to get the last two cartridges. Bummer!!!

BUT I found out that I can get a "parallel to USB adapter for the 1100 and then I can use it with my laptop. I might just do that during tax season.

Those are the only 2 printers I have ever had.......well, except for the HP all-in-one so that I had a copier and scanner too. I just bought an Epson Artisan 710. Not sure how much I like it yet.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post

BUT I found out that I can get a "parallel to USB adapter for the 1100 and then I can use it with my laptop. I might just do that during tax season.
                        Unless you have some software that will do it for you it will take some fiddling to get the USB port recognized as LPT1: so it will work properly.

Comment

Working...
                        X