Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbonite online backup 1/2 off sale

This is a great deal for new customers.

From now until December 31, you can save 50 percent on Carbonite's subscription plans. That means you can get one year for $27.47, two years for $49.97, or three years for $64.97 (definitely the best deal). To take advantage of the offer, just sign up for a new Carbonite account and use coupon code CUST50.

Carbonite auto backup software and business solutions help protect your personal and business data from common forms of data loss. Try a free trial today.
    Last edited by tilt53; 12-16-2009, 10:35 AM.
    Sandy >^..^<

Thank you for sharing this.

Comment

I renewed both my computers, for two years. was not due till March, but renewing now I did not loose any time.

THANK YOU.

Comment

Back-up-

Not familiar with this but is there a charge to get this information back if lost?

Comment

No additional charges at all. Fortunately I've never had to restore but I've heard from folks who have that it was painless. The amount that you can back up is unlimited and it is encrypted before it leaves your machine.
          Sandy >^..^<

Comment

A Big Thank You!

Thanks! I've been thinking about carbonite for some time after recently learning about the service. I signed-up for the 3 years...a heck of a deal.

I've also suggested the program to my wife. She works at home, but she uses a computer connected to her employer's network several states away. My guess carbonite won't work for her. So, I suggested she talked to her Tech Support area about carbonitel, and ask what else they suggest if it won't work. I'm very concerned with her losing her data some day.

Comment

Question For Users

Do you use Carbonite

For full backup of all software and data,

Or just data?

My computer tech says sometimes if you backup full with software and restore you inherit any problems (such as virus) with the reinstall.

Less likely with just data files

Curious?

Thanks,

Sandy

Comment

I'm doing an entire backup of my hard drive (good or bad). My guess is a third part backup source would do a lot of checking for viruses, no?

Comment

Whatever you choose to back up is encrypted before it leaves your machine. If it has a virus, so will your backup. I choose to back up only the data files. I can always reinstall the program. I've been fortunate. I take so many different measures that I've never had a problem in 20+ years.
                  Sandy >^..^<

Comment

Thanks

Carbonite would be good for data backup and I have a "lot of that: given tax data, pdf files and quickbooks data.

I am concerned with my "pdf" paperless in particular!

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by tilt53 View Post
                      Whatever you choose to back up is encrypted before it leaves your machine. If it has a virus, so will your backup. I choose to back up only the data files. I can always reinstall the program. I've been fortunate. I take so many different measures that I've never had a problem in 20+ years.
                      I'm sure you're correct. I just know so little about backups, I'm not sure how I'd pick & choose the right files, etc.

Also, are there any additional security concerns with having Carbonite software on your computer and giving them access to all programs/files?
                      Last edited by Zee; 12-17-2009, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X