Remote access - QB vs Logmein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote access - QB vs Logmein

We had this discussion in earlier years but things change and posters change.

What is your experience with the free access of either, ideally both for comparison? I couldn't find how many computers you can have on your list for free access from Logmein. I know it's 2 computers for QB.

Any advise on paid service?

LogMeIn

Hi Gretel,
    Since no one has answered - I will give you my take on LogMeIn - I have all on Paid Service witht he exception of one client - and I am going to convert him to "Paid Service"

I don't like the free LogMeIn- as it is limited and I usually need remote printing and then also to be able to download the QB file to my computer - So all of my clients are on LogMeIn Pro - cost is about $40 per year per client - and yes the client pays that, not me.

I tested the QB remote a few years ago - seemed to work okay - but again the charges seemed a lot to me for added features or to maintain the QB remote - so I terminated after the free trial service.

Hope this helps

Sandy

Comment

I use go to my pc. I like it because I can print to any printer, host network or local. I can also transfer file either way across the connection. I currently have 3 computers connected.

Go to "go to my pc" and check it out to see if it works for you. The cost is around $20 a month per PC.

Remotely access your computer from anywhere on any device! Discover productivity and flexibility with GoToMyPC remote desktop software. Try it Free!
      Last edited by BOB W; 12-05-2009, 06:51 PM.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Thanks, Sandy & Bob. I will use remote access on a very limited basis and only need QB access, no printing, no file moving. I am the one who would be paying the fees.

Sandy, just FYI: QB offers 2 computer, QB access only for free for one year. So, if a new QB version is purchased every year, that means free access forever.

Bob, GoToMyPC was recommended by someone else also, mainly because of security issues. Right now, too expensive for me but info stored in a good place in my memory.

Comment

I've been using LogMeIn for awhile. I started with GoToMyPC but switched.

I've only got three on the paid version of Logmein while everyone else is free. Most of the time I just need to log in to do general entries to get QBs to match up with the tax return. I usually have alot of errors to correct.

I try to explain to the customer they have the option to turn off LogmeIn on their computer while I don't need to use it. Some just don't want to give me access because of "hackers" while others don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
            I've been using LogMeIn for awhile. I started with GoToMyPC but switched.

I've only got three on the paid version of Logmein while everyone else is free. Most of the time I just need to log in to do general entries to get QBs to match up with the tax return. I usually have alot of errors to correct.

I try to explain to the customer they have the option to turn off LogmeIn on their computer while I don't need to use it. Some just don't want to give me access because of "hackers" while others don't mind.
            Hi, Geekgirldany, when you say "everyone else" is free, does this indicate that one can have several free computers, so at least 3-5 will be OK?

Comment

I've got 15 with 3 of them Pro purchased versions. There is no limit on the number of computers you can have on the free version. I read on their support forum where one had 1,000 free versions

Comment

Remote Access

Has anyone looked at "Teamviewer" it's totally free and has some great reviews.

Confucius say:
                He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

Originally posted by RLymanC View Post
                  Has anyone looked at "Teamviewer" it's totally free and has some great reviews.

http://download.cnet.com/TeamViewer/...#editorsreview
                  I've used Teamviewer personally and it was perfect for my needs. That is of course for "personal" need... I use it mainly to do little "checkups" for my friends that are having computer probs and stuff.

~maria
                  Maria R., CRTP
                  Los Angeles, CA
                  Software Used: ProSeries since 2008

Comment

I use LogMeIn with one client on a regular basis and it works for our needs-journal entries, reviewing something etc.

I also use VNC for another client who I do monthly transfers and journal entries.

If I need something printed I email an attachment to myself.

Carolyn

Comment

Originally posted by equinecpa View Post

If I need something printed I email an attachment to myself.

Carolyn
                      That is a great idea!

Comment

Working...
                      X