Not Tax -> Mini-Storage Units/Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Tax -> Mini-Storage Units/Charges

I'm posting this as a public service for anyone on this forum who uses a mini-storage company and especially anyone who has clients who use them. It's also a duplicate of a post I'm putting on other forums.

I've been dealing with the same company for 16 years, now owned by a national chain. I learned today that the unit I'm renting for $128 per month now rents for $80 per month, but of course these jerks didn't notify me of that fact - I had to pry it out of them. They prefer to gouge their long-term customers because they think the customer won't go to the trouble to move or won't bother to ask.

I'm changing storage companies soon, and in keeping with a PROMISE I MADE TO THEM TODAY, I'm telling everyone know about the shabby way they treat their loyal customers. So if you use a mini-storage company or if you have any clients who do, you should encourage them to ask questions and compare prices. I'm sure this is related to the current state of the economy, but there's simply no excuse for gouging loyal customers in this manner. I won't name the company, but I'd suggest holding their feet to the fire no matter what company you may be dealing with.

Be sure to pass this info along to your clients - you'll be doing them a favor (unless you have one of the guilty parties as a client).

Rant over; promise kept.
    Last edited by JohnH; 12-04-2009, 05:24 PM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

This seems to be a trend. The new customers for satelite TV get the best rates as do the new cell phone subscribers.
    In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Not much different that the cable companies, phone companies, etc. that offer "new" customer's deals for $99 month while older customer's pay $150. I don't know why we stand for that kind of marketing. It just an accepted practice for most of us.

Comment

Agree

I have had on my "To Do List" to call not only my Cable Company, but my phone Company to see about "reductions"

A nice concept would be that they just mailed our bill with notification that they have made an adjustment - as in reduction to my monthly fee. But no - you have to threaten and beg for it.

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
          I have had on my "To Do List" to call not only my Cable Company, but my phone Company to see about "reductions"

A nice concept would be that they just mailed our bill with notification that they have made an adjustment - as in reduction to my monthly fee. But no - you have to threaten and beg for it.

Sandy
          Actually, I just called my cable tv, internet, phone (bundled) provider. The bill increased $7.50 from the previous month and I wondered why. I thought maybe I had a credit the previous month because we had trouble with our recorder. I had been reading that a call could result in a reduction for several months, but had postponed the call time & time again.

When I learned the $7.50 was a price increase with no notification, I simply said "I'm going to have to switch to FIOS, your fees are getting too expensive". That's all I had to say and the customer service rep responded, "let's see if we can help". She came back on the phone and reduced our monthly fees to about $125 from $158 (I'm not sure of the exact numbers...but, they're close).

You do have to be patient. I tried to get a live person and was on hold for about 20 minutes, and gave up a few times earlier trying to call.

I guess we all need to stand up with the old saying, "I'm tired of being taken advantage of, and I'm not going to take it anymore"...LOL But, we all do need to ask ourselves "is our pricing always consistent? Or, do we charge some more than others for the same services?"

Comment

Working...
          X