LLC vs PLLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LLC vs PLLC

What is the difference? My hopefully soon to be client is a single member PLLC here in AZ.

Here's what I think

In both LLC is Limited Liability Company and P stands for Professional. If I'm not mistaken, PLLCs exist in jurisdictions where Professionals cannot form LLCs and the reason for forming them is so that two or more professionals can practice together but each is shielded from exposure to risk from the errors and omissions, malpractice, or whatever of the other(s). Per the IRS I believe that they are both disregarded entities that can file as C Corp, S Corp or in the case of a single member one, as Sole Prop. I have no idea what AZ would do but in NC my understanding is you make a Federal Election and are stuck with it for State also.

If I am wrong please correct me. I would not have posted in this thread but it's been almost twelve hours and no one else has.

AJ best wishes with your new client. The good news about our field is that having only 30 days to respond to a notice is our idea of being in a rush. You have time to learn what you do not know but need to know in order to properly serve this client and collect a fair fee not only from this client but others similarly situated. .

Comment

Maybe call the state. Here in TX, the state is actually very helpful with questions.

AZ might be able to help to you know what the diference is and if each entity has different filing requirements, etc.
      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Working...
      X