Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hsa

Two quick questions about HSA.

(1) I know the rule says HSA fund can be used to pay for qualifying medical care expenses of spouse and children. What if the spouse has her own non high-deductible health plan? Can the taxpayer still use his HSA fund to pay for her eligible medical expense which is not covered by her non high-deductible health plan?

(2) If the spouse has paid for her eligible medical expenses already, can the taxpayer reimburses her with his HSA fund afterward?

Thank you.

Any taker for the questions?

Any taker for the questions?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

[QUOTE=NotEasy;89347]Two quick questions about HSA.

(1) I know the rule says HSA fund can be used to pay for qualifying medical care expenses of spouse and children. What if the spouse has her own non high-deductible health plan? Can the taxpayer still use his HSA fund to pay for her eligible medical expense which is not covered by her non high-deductible health plan?

I am unable to find the specifics you listed above, however, typically, a spouse can receive benefits from your HSA. I would say they are eligible expenses if they would otherwise qualify.

(2) If the spouse has paid for her eligible medical expenses already, can the taxpayer reimburses her with his HSA fund afterward?

Assuming #1 is correct, you can reimburse qualifying medical expenses and those reimbursements are qualified HSA disbursements.

Comment

Working...
      X