Tax Periodical Magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Periodical Magazines

I currently subscribe to the Kiplinger Tax Letter, the PPC Tax Action Bulletins and Tax Strategies Magazine.

I am considering changing the Tax Strategies Magazine. It seems too technical for my practice as it now is and it costs $266 Per year.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a monthly mag that is informative and practical as far as tax?

Periodicals

I belong to the NATP and the NAEA. I get free periodicals through them and I do read them although I can count on the fingers of one hand the times I have found in them information I did not know that was relevant to the work I do. I also for a time had a subscription to Kiplinger that came free with software I did not renew. I seldom read it.

Comment

Kiplinger

Kiplinger takes the easy way out by focusing almost entirely on the future of tax laws which rarely turn out the way they said. I quit Kiplinger long ago because I wanted something more relevant to the issues I might face. I used to get the excellent "Tax Hotline" but that was discontinued. So now I'm left adrift. If you go to www.irahelp.com you can subscribe to Ed Slotts great IRA newsletter. Ed is probably the nations foremost expert on IRA's. Also, at Nolopress.com you can get a very good book on 401(k)'s, SEP's, and IRA's. Its updated frequently. I keep an eye on retirement plans because they involve large sums of money....you don't want to screw them up. In addition, I get 40 hours of CPE every year.
      This posting is for general discussion purposes and is not meant to be reliable tax advice.

Comment

Naea

I also enjoy the NAEA and NATP monthly magazines and weekly e-newsletters. The IRS free e-newsletters are also helpful.

Comment

Do Not Forget JK Lassers Monthly Letter

Currently $43.95 per year and includes the paper back edition of your income tax each year. One draw back is the paper back edition some times comes out late. Call 1-800-678-0484.I purchase the Hardcover Editon for about $75.00 Ask them if you get it through a referal, can that save a buck or two. Send me a private E mail if you like it, maybe I can get you a better price Regards Bob PS ALWAYS USE THE TAX BOOK AS YOUR MAIN SROUCE!!!

Comment

Working...
          X