Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Schedule L & M-Calculated Automatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Schedule L & M-Calculated Automatically?

If we do are normal data entry, won't both of these forms figure out automatically?

Automatic Calculation

The amount of automatic calculation and the extent to which such is done correctly will likely vary between software packages. Some of the very inexpensive packages may even require you to do one or both forms entirely by on your own even if you can put in all the numbers so the final results print and e-file ok. This of course is just my guess bur remember the forms are new this year and the final drafts of them from the IRS have not been out long.

Comment

The schedule M on my personal return is calculating automatically with Lacerte. (Although not to the amount I would like, but that "gotcha" has been discussed on other threads.) The schedule L is also calculating.

What I really want to know is why did the service skip to L & M and what happened to schedules G, I, & K?

What will schedules N, O & P be?

Comment

schedule G,

The schedule G? wasn't that the income averaging form, many years ago. so it was used at one time. don't know about the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Y2KEA View Post
          What will schedules N, O & P be?
          The real question is, what happens after Schedules X, Y, and Z? Will they stop passing new laws after that?

Comment

Working...
          X