Higher Returns..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higher Returns..

Has anybody noticed more people getting their return done earlier than last year.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

i have noticed that

more than 80% of my returns from last year have already been done this year. don't know what to attribute this to, but looks like i might have a slower than usual March

Comment

Yes

Bob,

I am in the middle of the best February I have ever had since opening my office. Mostly referrals, a lot of them! I am very hopeful for March.

Dennis

Comment

I am having a good many too. Actually I thought I would have more come in at the end of January. But it hit the fan in Feburary. I'm working 7 days a week so far. I'm happy I am getting the new customers and people are coming back to. But it can also be quite taxing, haha!

Comment

February

I’ve been doing more clients this February then last, probably because on my cover letter that I sent out with my organizer, I put in bold letters NO APPOINTMENTS IN APRIL

Comment

Originally posted by Gene V
            I’ve been doing more clients this February then last, probably because on my cover letter that I sent out with my organizer, I put in bold letters NO APPOINTMENTS IN APRIL

If I sent that notice to my clients, they would just think, "She doesn't mean me." And they would still drag in in April.

Comment

March 31

I've been doing March 31 for years. Last year I had enough of the April call-ins and I enforced my rules and sent them on their way if they did not want to file an extension. I just had all I could take from the same late appointments. But I did take in new clients and told them of my March 31st cutoff. They already file their return this year.

By April first (I) we have had enough. The extra money just isn't worth it. There is just too much finishing up work to do by April 15th.
              This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Same here

Already had more clients than all last year. Also, most of returning clients have already been in or dropped off their stuff. I am starting to worry I will be sitting around later on in March with nothing to do. Hopefully, things will continue to be busy for rest of tax season.

Comment

Same here. Early start in January, all previous clients come in earlier, plus new clients. So far so good. We'll see what will happen in March.

Comment

More Returns?

My cut-off date is March 20th this year. I have been following this for many years now. However, this is the first year in 19 years that I have had so many of my so-called "Large" clients bringing in their returns this early in tax season. Most usually wait until about the week betfore my cut-off date. In fact, I have been so busy with appointments that I am falling behind in preparing returns. I hired part-time help and if it wasn't for that person getting returns out, I would be in deep d*d*. My original plans on hiring a part-time person was to eliminate me working 8 days a week, Sunday through Sunday. However, with such a good response to my year-end newsletter on bringing in returns early, I have had to go back to working on Sundays, at least 4 to 6 hours. But, I am ahead on collections, and for that I am thankful.
                    Jiggers, EA

Comment

early filers

It's been gangbusters since last week of Jan. And not just the typical early filers- the one W-2, 2 kids, EIC folks, but the two income homeowners with 2-3 kids, too, who usually would filter in a bit later in the season. Seems to be a desire to get the refunds, which in this geographical location may be in part attributable to very high home heating costs, skyrocketing real estate taxes, as well as some layoffs by large employers, and overextension on home financing. So, good news for our business, but I'm sensing the reason is a financial pinch some people are experiencing. Not scientific certainly, just an empirical offering. Cheers to all you hard workers!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        more than 80% of my returns from last year have already been done this year. don't know what to attribute this to, but looks like i might have a slower than usual March
                        I have the same problem this year but the middle of March til April I have people that owe owe owe!!! That's why they come LATE.

Comment

Owe.......

.......... Over the years I have instructed those type of clients that it is better to know how much they OWE as early as possible so that they can get their finances in order. And that just because the return is completed they are not required to file or pay until 04/15.

Comment

Working...
                          X