Checklist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Guidance for ALL Preparers

If you are fortunate enough to belong to NATP, the Tax Journal (Fall Edition) covers six subjects that directly apply to all tax preparers and is MUST reading now. Guidance is provided on everything from preparer penalties, Disclosure guidance-Section 7216 (with samples),
    engagement letters (with samples), and much more.

Comment

Here are a Couple

1) Update all customer contact information, especially getting rid of information that is obsolete. You know the world has changed when a client gives you his business card and there is no room for his logo because there are five cell phone numbers and three e-mail addresses.
      2) Pre-calculate all equipment lists and depreciation schedules to prepare for 4562s and 4797s when tax season starts, so the lists will be ready for review with the client. Normally, the only changes you will have to make is for new additions and dispositions.

Comment

How about "UPDATE FEE SCHEDULE"
        (has anyone mentioned this? If not, then why did it take us so long to come up with it?)
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Just got

my dual monitor. I also picked up a mobile file cart that fits in the closet in my office, but also fits under the L of my desk for ease of use - sure beats file drawers for me!

I'm also getting my scanner next month so I can go fully paperless. I spent all of last saturday (8-5pm) in my office going through 3 years of stuff. I have a bail to scan and return to clients, some to scan and shred, and just plain a whole lot of shredding. I am also banned from buying any more legal pads (I could start a small office supply store with those things)

ATG
          "Congress has spoken to this issue through its audible silence."
          Anyone ever notice they beat the daylights out of the definition of a child, but they don't spend much time at all defining "parent"?

Comment

Working...
          X