Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of Stock

Hi

I know this has been discussed before. my memory is shorter than my current thinking.

Any suggestions how I may find the sales price's of Dell Stock 1997, Intel Stock 1997, Nike Stock 1995 & 1997?

Thanks much

Kurly

Did you try calling the investment firm, where your client purchased the stock from? This is usually my first step, if the client is with me( They will want to verify your clients identity.) Most investment firms will give you all the information you need.
    I use this website if the client is not with me. http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/ then click on historical quotes. Hope this helps.

Comment

Something as simple as Yahoo Finance

This works quite well:

Personally I avoid bothering someone's stock broker (including my own!) for information which I can readily find myself. I think the applicable phrase is "wearing out your welcome."

For companies that have merged, or been absorbed by others, visiting the Investor's Relations (IR) departments on their websites also can be productive.

FE

Comment

Go to www.BigCharts.com and enter symbol (or name lookup for symbol) and date for historical info.

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
          This works quite well:

Personally I avoid bothering someone's stock broker (including my own!) for information which I can readily find myself. I think the applicable phrase is "wearing out your welcome."

For companies that have merged, or been absorbed by others, visiting the Investor's Relations (IR) departments on their websites also can be productive.

FE
          FE

This way is faster, I guess the reason I still make that phone call is pure habit. This was the only way to get answers before having the use of the internet at Block offices. Now that I am no longer with them, I find myself doing what I am used to.Some habits are hard to break.
          Now everytime I have stock papers in hand, I will think of you before attempting that call.

Comment

Thanks FE

That address was (is) a big help. I was used to calling the Business section of the Public Library in Mpls for historical costs. You've saved me and them time.
            Thanks
            Larry
            Last edited by fliszt; 11-11-2009, 12:10 PM. Reason: sp error

Comment

Looking for information & hitting roadblocks

Originally posted by Bert73 View Post
              FE This way is faster, I guess the reason I still make that phone call is pure habit. This was the only way to get answers before having the use of the internet at Block offices. Now that I am no longer with them, I find myself doing what I am used to.Some habits are hard to break.

Thanks for the chuckle - I understand completely!

I'm surprised you could even "use the internet" at Block to find the necessary information.

Another issue here: Unlike in "days gone by" I've frequently encountered a "we can't tell you anything!" response from the stockbroker, no matter how generic the telephone request. By the time you play the game (I contact Joe who contacts the broker who is told he can talk to me and I then contact the broker, get an assistant, so he'll call back.....) I could have figured out most things on my own in the first place in far less time.

I've even run into roadblocks trying to get property tax payment information (public records??) for clients in some counties.

My standard response to clients now is something along the line of "I would love to contact XYZ to get the necessary information, but it is better you do that yourself."

Good luck in the upcoming tax season! Feel free to PM me if you get stuck on something.

FE

Comment

I've even run into roadblocks trying to get property tax payment information (public records??) for clients in some counties.

My standard response to clients now is something along the line of "I would love to contact XYZ to get the necessary information, but it is better you do that yourself."
                I had one of those roadblocks a few years ago, Client had rental property plus their own and husband had passed away. The local tax collector in her area mixed the two property tax payments up. I needed it corrected for my clients property tax rebate. It was a mess.

Good luck in the upcoming tax season! Feel free to PM me if you get stuck on something.
                Thanks FE, I appreciate it. Two heads are better than one and sometimes three or four if your talking taxes. lol

Comment

Working...
                X