Preparers' Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preparers' Rates

The former EA Exam discussion morphed into a thread about rates to charge clients. If you are an NATP member, there is a comprehensive (70-page) review of rates from all over the US, broken down by region of the country, urban/suburban/rural, by service performed, by tax form, by schedule, by designation(s), etc. etc., accessible through the Sept 17 issue of the Tax Pro Weekly email service. Rates tend to be highest in the NE and lowest in the Mid-West, and vary by other criteria as well. Very interesting. Most common method of pricing was by form and schedule.

Really?

Originally posted by Burke View Post
    The former EA Exam discussion morphed into a thread about rates to charge clients. If you are an NATP member, there is a comprehensive (70-page) review of rates from all over the US, broken down by region of the country, urban/suburban/rural, by service performed, by tax form, by schedule, by designation(s), etc. etc., accessible through the Sept 17 issue of the Tax Pro Weekly email service. Rates tend to be highest in the NE and lowest in the Mid-West, and vary by other criteria as well. Very interesting. Most common method of pricing was by form and schedule.
    I would have thought lowest average rates would have been lowest in a belt encompassing Alabama, Mississippi and Arkansas, iow mid South.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Maybe. The county I live in (Montana) is one of the poorest in USA. I think within the last 20. Even some Indian Reservations are before us.

Comment

Yeah I would have thought the south would be lower also but not really surprised about the MidWest.

I am trying to up my charges. I could start my little "that is alot more than I thought" rant but I won't

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
          I would have thought lowest average rates would have been lowest in a belt encompassing Alabama, Mississippi and Arkansas, iow mid South.
          Not sure why, but the region they designated "South" included all the eastern states south of the Mason-Dixon line including those you mentioned plus Texas and Oklahoma. I would have considered Arkansas and Oklahoma as mid-west.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
            Not sure why, but the region they designated "South" included all the eastern states south of the Mason-Dixon line including those you mentioned plus Texas and Oklahoma. I would have considered Arkansas and Oklahoma as mid-west.
            Well, back some years ago, we considered the South to be those south of the Mason Dixon line to the Ohio river then south of the river to Cairo, Illinois, and thence due west.
            And even though this included Marylandand Delaware, those states remained in the Union while Kentucky and Missouri were toss ups. Of course back then Oklahoma wasn't even a state.
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
            X