First time home buyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time home buyer

Am I correct on this? First time buyer purchasd a mobile home on a rented lot last August for $30,000. They are now purchasing a home for $175,000. My understaning is that they are disqualified for the $3000 loan because they have not lived in the mobile for 3 years. They are not eligiable for the $8000 because they owned the mobile. This is in PA where mobiles on rented lots are taxed as real estate. This does't seem right but this is the way I understand the rules.

Loan

Well, technically they qualify for the loan but have to repay it early because they did not reside there long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by HBurkholder View Post
      Am I correct on this? First time buyer purchasd a mobile home on a rented lot last August for $30,000. They are now purchasing a home for $175,000. My understaning is that they are disqualified for the $3000 loan because they have not lived in the mobile for 3 years. They are not eligiable for the $8000 because they owned the mobile. This is in PA where mobiles on rented lots are taxed as real estate. This does't seem right but this is the way I understand the rules.
      I agree with your conclusion about the $8000 tax credit. Mortgage interest on the mobile qualifies as home mortgage interest.

Comment

Working...
      X