Social Security Benefits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Security Benefits

Outside of the SSA website - does anyone know of a good resource for SSA benefits and how to calculate potential SSA benefits - such as spousal benefits on own account or on primary spouse's account? Also comparison for age 62 vs age 65 or other extended age requirements for full retirment (reduction)?

Thanks,

Sandy

Originally posted by S T View Post
    Outside of the SSA website - does anyone know of a good resource for SSA benefits and how to calculate potential SSA benefits - such as spousal benefits on own account or on primary spouse's account? Also comparison for age 62 vs age 65 or other extended age requirements for full retirment (reduction)?

Thanks,

Sandy
    Well, yes. Since SSA sends statement to potential recipients showing projected
    benefits, you can simply lay them side by side. Then if one spouse's benefits are
    less than half of the other's, use that half amount instead.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

62-65 Difference

I understand that there is a 20% increase fro 62 to 65.

Comment

Guess what I was asking

I have an email from a publisher that has a SSA guide and wondering if it was worth purchasing to answer some of the regular questions that clients ask about their SSA benefits, credits, approaching retirement age etc.

I don't want to spend the money for the publication if I can find it on the SSA website or if there is another source available .

Anyone have any sources that they rely on besides SSA.gov?

Thanks

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
          I have an email from a publisher that has a SSA guide and wondering if it was worth purchasing to answer some of the regular questions that clients ask about their SSA benefits, credits, approaching retirement age etc.

I don't want to spend the money for the publication if I can find it on the SSA website or if there is another source available .

Anyone have any sources that they rely on besides SSA.gov?

Thanks

Sandy
          If I can't find the answer on ssa.gov it doesn't exist IMO. Save your money.

Sounds like those employee wall posters we're advised to pay 19.95 to have and
          post on the wall since required by law.
          ChEAr$,
          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
          X