Credit Card Payments - Vendor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card Payments - Vendor?

I'm looking around for the best vedor for merchant credit card processing.

I'd like to be able to take credit card payments from my clients through a website (I think they refer to it as Virtual Terminal). Does anybody have any recommended companies/vendors?

~maria
    Maria R., CRTP
    Los Angeles, CA
    Software Used: ProSeries since 2008

Try Quickbooks

Before tax season started, I signed up with Quickbooks Merchant Services. I believe their website is https://merchantcenter.intuit.com. If I recall, they charged $69.00 for the year + a very small percentage of each transaction (sorry....can't remember the details). Yes, as luck would have it, none of my clients were interested. All either paid cash or with a check. Go figure!!!

Good luck!

Mo

Comment

Try Quickbooks

Yes, try Quickbooks

If you are a pro-advisor for Intuit - Quickbooks - I just received this link tonoday - I know nothing about them - and have not investigated. http://www.cpamerchantsolutions.com/ Sounds like if you have enough QB clients you would receive an override or a referral fee? But not sure.

I have not signed on for my own personal account for any credit card payments, as I just don't think I have enough, but the ACH or Electronic sounds good as well as I have clients request that from time to time rather than sending me a check.

Keep us posted and let us know your findings, Maria

Sandy

Comment

I've never pulled the trigger myself

but my Web Hosting and Design Company is willing to take plastic through either Google Checkout or Pay Pal. I looked into Google a little but have never gotten around to setting up my account and I looked at two companies that wanted to help me take cards with a terminal and so on or have the option at higher fees of calling in cards and overall I was interested. The reason I didn't pull the trigger on either was that both were very up front about how it is that if the client is sufficiently They were not in the least concerned that I may have provided the representation or the return copy or efiled the return.

Comment

Qb

I know people very happy with PayPal for credit card and check payments.

I've been using QB and love it. I just need an internet connection, even works from my iPhone. I usually do it from my computer right inside QB so info lands right in my books. Clients can phone in their information or hand me their card. You can also have a link on your website for clients to pay; then they never give out their card number. Or, a system where you email invoices and they click to pay. As has been said, if you're a QB ProAdvisor, you get discounts. I just want to make it as easy as possible for people to pay me. I also accept AmEx even though it's a slightly higher fee for me.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies!

I'll be looking into everything. I thought I should consider this for next year since I know myself and I stopped paying by checks more than 1yr ago! All I carry is Cash and my Debit/Credit Card.

Anywho, I'll post later my findings.

Thanks again!

~Maria
            Maria R., CRTP
            Los Angeles, CA
            Software Used: ProSeries since 2008

Comment

Working...
            X