No announcement yet.

IRS Regulations with Oregon Twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a registration through CA and they requied 60 hours and a passed test for registration and then 20 hours per year of CPE. I usually get between 30 and 40 hours of CPE each year.

Does anybody remember what the third state is that requies licensing? Is it MA.

I have not followed this too closely, however, does it provide that the OR and CA and this third state are grandfathered in or are they also going to be test takers?

Comment

I switched from Gear up to Bob Jennings, and I swear you won't fall asleep even at 7AM. I have attended his Streaming Seminars (live seminars I can attend at my computer) and I like it alot. You can submit questions and they are answered life.

If you plan to make any good use of technology, his technology seminars are a must.

Comment

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
        I switched from Gear up to Bob Jennings, and I swear you won't fall asleep even at 7AM. I have attended his Streaming Seminars (live seminars I can attend at my computer) and I like it alot. You can submit questions and they are answered life.

If you plan to make any good use of technology, his technology seminars are a must.
        Website for Bob Jennings?
        "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MAMalody View Post
          I have a registration through CA and they requied 60 hours and a passed test for registration and then 20 hours per year of CPE. ...
          does it provide that the OR and CA ...are grandfathered in or are they also going to be test takers?
          The California registration is with CTEC, California Tax Education Council. The CPE requirement is 24 hours per year, of which at least 4 hours must deal with California taxation (and, I believe, no more than 8 hours of California taxation counts toward the 24 hours). The test for CTEC registration is in my opinion a very, very easy test. A tax preparer bond must be provided. I recently read in the FTB website that there are 44,000 tax preparers registered with CTEC.

The question of grandfathering in tax preparers who are already registered or licensed or federally authorized (Circular 230) is an open question that is being considered as various parties are submitting their comments to the IRS and to Congress.

Comment

Originally posted by taxmandan View Post
            Website for Bob Jennings?
            Here you go.

TaxSpeaker combines the knowledge of a national corporation with the service of a small business. We offer webinars, CPE packages, and self-study tools.

Comment

Maryland is also licensing preparers.

Comment

Working...
              X