Yes Or No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Or No?

Have a 'new' client that has not done taxes this year came by with a mess and a corporation. Doesn't corporation have to get in on March 16th? Plus he bought a new house and wanted the $8,000 too. Seems very demanding.

I will have oral surgery next week and don't want to put up with this. Never have I turned anyone away but I think it is best for him to go somewhere else . What do you think?
    SueBaby

I vote "NO"

If he came into my office with this situation & attitude I'd probably give him the number & address of the nearest year-round HRB office, even if I weren't about to go into surgery.
    Last edited by JohnH; 08-03-2009, 12:46 PM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

New Client

He bought a new house. Good for him. Does he qualify for the credit? I can see that if he does he wants that completed ASAP.

What type of corporation is it? If it is a C-Corp I would tell him that I could file the personal return ASAP, but the Corp will have to wait until I am back on my feet. If it is an S-Corp, well, the whole thing may have to wait.

Corporate due date is 3/15 unless it is a fiscal year end or an extension has been filed.
      I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

I agree with Matt.

Alot of times people hear about the tax credits on the news and tell me they want it. I tell them they may or may not qualify. Then we have a long talk. Then there are those that think they know more than you and demand a credit or a deduction. That is when you kick them to the curb.

If he had a very demanding personality when you met him. Don't deal with him. If he simply stated what he thought he was entitled to.. you can deal with him if you want.

Comment

He's after the Credit

Sue, this guy is not interested in his obligation to file taxes, he is only after the $8000.

You'll never be able to charge high enough to pay you for the misery that will be forthcoming if you take on this guy. Send him across town.

Comment

Sue, I agree with the others. Good luck for your surgery.

Comment

Good luck

Good luck on your surgery. Get well soon.

Comment

out of sight

Sue - Good luck with your oral surgery - my wife had some intensive oral surgery a couple of years ago - luckily for me she stayed out of public sight for a while afterwards (so no one thought I had abused her - lol)

Comment

Working...
                X