Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small voices...a personal story off the tax subj

.... this happened to me last night...

Leaving the mall alone, I "heard" a voice that told me, "check your car, walk around your car."
    It made me uneasy that I was "hearing a voice" and I got nervous that someone might have been around my car... so I put the key in the door and heard it again... "check your car.. walk around your car!"

Now, I am thinking, "I'm not drinking enough..." I got more nervous, got in my car and backed out... directly over 2 strategically placed beer bottles!!

Thank goodness they didn't harm my tires. Glass popped everywhere.

Weird, huh?

Then I called my son, the cop, and told him what happened.

He said, "MOM! ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE VOICE! Remember the guy who was robbing all the 7-11's in (the city where he works)? Well, I was in my car when I saw him come out of a store, and I was watching him. He knew I was there, and I watched as he went into some bushes. I knew he was the robber, but the VOICE told me to stay in my car. Later that night, I arrested him. After his arrest, I went back to the bush he dished into earlier. There was a sawed-off shotgun in there!"

You can't make this up! So, listen to the voice!

~possi
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

I heard the voice once!

I was walking along the beach, admiring the beauty and appreciating the peace, and I thought, "I wish I had this every day." And this VOICE said, "I give this to you every day." It was startling. So, every day I try to remember to enjoy that gift.

Comment

Slow Leaks

Great stories both of you but I want to mention an unpleasant fact. A small piece of glass can take some time to penetrate a tire and cause only a very small leak that might take a week or longer to make the tire visibly low on air.

What I think Possi should do is have her favorite tire shop take the tires off her car and make sure all the glass is out of the tread and then use water to check for slow leaks which can be patched before they cause problems. Any reputable shop will check for free because they know that if they find leaks you will pay for the patches. Much better to find and patch the leaks now than to find flat tires in a week or two. I know that I am a man and Possi is a woman but I would give this advice to another man too. Heck the person at the tire shop who checks her tires could be a woman but she will be a pro at her job and not at taxes just as we are pros at taxes and not car care. I run a chat room where some of those who visit call me "Father Rooster" because I act like a "Mother Hen" but I am a man. I am sorry if I have gone too far and offended Possi who I really think is a very neat lady and a great tax professional.

Comment

Tires

I agree that Possi should have her tires checked. Town Fair Tire patches tires for free, even tires they did not sell you. But, most importantly, Possi has a great Voice tucked inside her head and heart and soul. Thank you for sharing your story, Possi. And, may we all listen to our Voices.

Comment

I hear small voices every night say "feed me...feed me...feed me."

Then I wake up with a cat pumping on my bladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
            I hear small voices every night say "feed me...feed me...feed me."

Then I wake up with a cat pumping on my bladder.
            If you were properly trained, the cat wouldn't have to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
              I heard the voice once!

I was walking along the beach, admiring the beauty and appreciating the peace, and I thought, "I wish I had this every day." And this VOICE said, "I give this to you every day." It was startling. So, every day I try to remember to enjoy that gift.
              And my inner voice is saying every year: "Just ONE more tax season! Do not retire."
              ChEAr$,
              Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

great message

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
                I heard the voice once!

Amen Brother, Amen! It's so much easier to appreciate every day in the summertime! haha

But seriously, even in the heat of the tax season, I'm so thankful to have found a profession that I love, and to be able to do what I want to do. Great message to remember to appreciate every day, the blessings...
                "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

slow leaks?

Originally posted by erchess View Post
                  Great stories both of you but I want to mention an unpleasant fact. A small piece of glass can take some time to penetrate a tire and cause only a very small leak that might take a week or longer to make the tire visibly low on air.

What I think Possi should do is have her favorite tire shop take the tires off her car and make sure all the glass is out of the tread and then use water to check for slow leaks which can be patched before they cause problems. Any reputable shop will check for free because they know that if they find leaks you will pay for the patches. Much better to find and patch the leaks now than to find flat tires in a week or two. I know that I am a man and Possi is a woman but I would give this advice to another man too. Heck the person at the tire shop who checks her tires could be a woman but she will be a pro at her job and not at taxes just as we are pros at taxes and not car care. I run a chat room where some of those who visit call me "Father Rooster" because I act like a "Mother Hen" but I am a man. I am sorry if I have gone too far and offended Possi who I really think is a very neat lady and a great tax professional.
                  It never occurred to me that when I get home, my tires might be flat. Thanks for the information. I would have had them checked before I left if I had known that. I'll have my neighbor keep an eye on the tires while I am away. Next time I'll know...

Thanks again for your kind words.

Comment

Voices

One of my in-laws kept hearing a voice from her refrigerator. I don't know if they were inspirational or not, but they had to put her away.

Comment

Say erchess,

...take the tires off her car...make sure all the glass is out...use water to check for slow leaks...find and patch the leaks now...I act like a "Mother Hen"...
                      Do you think it might be simpler to just wait and see if you have a slow leak and then pay $10 to get it fixed than to go through all that? Odds are nothing's going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
                        One of my in-laws kept hearing a voice from her refrigerator. I don't know if they were inspirational or not, but they had to put her away.
                        I wished they put people away who pretend not to hear voices. I know about a chorus in my head. Another question of course is the source of the voice(s). Let me tell you, the quiet inner voice of truth knows a lot more than all the outer voices together who think they are smart.

Comment

B B's Question

is a fair one. I would say that it comes down to facts and circumstances.

How vigilant is the driver in walking around the vehicle at least once a day and maybe even putting a gauge on the tires every week or so?

Does the vehicle have a full size spare or one of those donuts that are not meant for long use or speeds over 50 mph and if the latter how much of a handicap is it to drive that way conceivably for a whole weekend?

How difficult is it to get the spare out and change a tire on this vehicle and for this driver?

I would do as I advised because I'm not vigilant and both the vehicle and my physical condition make changing a tire a really big deal. I always call AAA and wait at least half an hour and sometimes more. When I was younger and more fit I could change a tire in ten min and be on my way so I was less cautious about avoiding the need.

Comment

Gretel

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
                            ...the quiet inner voice of truth knows a lot more than all the outer voices together who think they are smart.
                            You're right about that. It's like meeting someone for the first time and you get the feeling of "I do (or do not) trust this person"). Or when a question arises and your first thought is "I should (or should not) do this." It's been my experience that, nine times out of ten, your first instinct about them or it is correct.

P.S. My first and continued impression from your excellent posts over the past few years is that....I trust you completely (but your refrigerator isn't by any chance talking to you, is it ?).

Regards, BB

Comment

E C

is a fair one. I would say that it comes down to facts and circumstances.

How vigilant is the driver in walking around the vehicle at least once a day and maybe even putting a gauge on the tires every week or so?

Does the vehicle have a full size spare or one of those donuts that are not meant for long use or speeds over 50 mph and if the latter how much of a handicap is it to drive that way conceivably for a whole weekend?

How difficult is it to get the spare out and change a tire on this vehicle and for this driver?

I would do as I advised because I'm not vigilant and both the vehicle and my physical condition make changing a tire a really big deal. I always call AAA and wait at least half an hour and sometimes more. When I was younger and more fit I could change a tire in ten min and be on my way so I was less cautious about avoiding the need.
                              I yield! Although I'm still going to ignore such situations, who am I to stand in the way of such towering logic and overwhelming reason? Please carry on and marshal your forces against the everyday slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

But...please remember to take an aspirin (maybe two) every day -- if you keep up this relentless level of preparedness, you'll have a heart attack. You are indeed a Father Rooster/Mother Hen (but I mean it in a good way).

Comment

Working...
                              X