Non Tax Question (Microsoft)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non Tax Question (Microsoft)

I recently update my Microsft Office 2003 to Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007. Whenever I access any of the programs (excell, word, powerpoint) it goes thru a configuration cycle.( takes about 75 seconds) Is this normal or what have I done wrong?

Thanks All

Kurly

It doesn't sound right. When I upgraded, to Office 2007 it was seamless. I don't remember that situation. On a side note, Office 2007 isn't any better (or marginally better at best) and is a lot more confusing.

Comment

Question

When you upgraded to Office 2007 or Office Enterprise 2007, did it over write your Office 2003 or do a new install? Then you still have Office 2003 or Office 2007. Mine is an upgrade.

I have been looking at installing Office 2007, but was hesitant

Thanks,

Sandy

Comment

Office 2007

I have Office 2007 and I love it but I have to admit that the only programs I use are Word and Excel and I use the latter only to upload things other people give me. I do not change them very often.

Comment

don't have that problem

I had to upgrade from 2003 to 2007 last year when I got a new computer with Vista on it.
          But I don't have that problem.

But I am no help to you as to what the problem is. I really need a class to understand all it can do.

My husband HATES 2007 office suite. He has 2003 at work and is fine with it. On my computer, he goes nuts.

Linda

Comment

Microsoft

Does anyone know what the difference between Microsoft Office 2007 and Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise? If so is there a comparison chart available?

Thanks

Kurly

Comment

I was just about to upgrade to MS Off 07 from 03

Originally posted by Zee View Post
              It doesn't sound right. When I upgraded, to Office 2007 it was seamless. I don't remember that situation. On a side note, Office 2007 isn't any better (or marginally better at best) and is a lot more confusing.
              but if its only marginally better but more confusing, more confusion is NOT what I need in my tax practice.

Zee, thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
                but if its only marginally better but more confusing, more confusion is NOT what I need in my tax practice.

Zee, thanks for the tip.
                You're most welcome.

So far, I haven't met anyone that likes Office 2007 better. Another issue is that when documents are saved in the Office 2007 format those with 2003 may not be able to open them. The solution is to save in a compatible format (which is a choice), but it doesn't always maintain full compatibility with earlier versions (in most cases, it does).

Last, very few larger businesses have changed to Office 2007 so if you learn 2007 and find yourself in an environment using Office 2003 you'll have to remember your 2003 skills.

Comment

Working...
                X