X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minnesota Folks

Very recently was in MN for a few days, and saw a peculiar license tag:

"Minnesota - Tax Free Vehicle"

Tag was sorta silver with dark lettering. Certainly not the typical blue and white tags. There are such things in many states for state vehicles, municipal vehicles, etc.

Just a glance told me these were not state vehicles. Many of them were older vehicles, too old for a state or municipality to operate, and the drivers were dressed and looked like "normal" people - no coats & ties, no briefcases or laptops, etc.

Anyone know the extent of just what tax "freedom" is involved with these tags??

did it perhaps say Minnesota - Tax Exempt Vehicle? If so, they very likely were owned by some sort of government agency - many of them hold onto fleet vehicles as long as possible. On the other hand, I saw a brand new Prius with the "Minnesota Travel Management Division" sticker on the side yesterday. I remember us having some sort of debilitating budget crisis....
    "Congress has spoken to this issue through its audible silence."
    Anyone ever notice they beat the daylights out of the definition of a child, but they don't spend much time at all defining "parent"?

Comment

Tax Exempt Vehicle

Thanks for the response. I believe you are correct. Dark lettering on a silver colored tag.

Some of the vehicles I saw were in the range of 20 years old. Hard to imagine any govt unit holding on to a vehicle that old. But if it is as you say, MN is to be congratulated for their fleet management. Most govts just want to spend, spend, spend.

Comment

Working...
      X