X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow internet connection

today. Anybody else?

Have not noticed

my always slow dialup service being any slower than usual today. Since you are having slow service you might want to check with your service provider and with the particular sites you are trying to access. They could be aware of and working on a problem. If such is not the case and the problem persists you might want to have your equipment and the cables or wires you own checked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
      today. Anybody else?
      My high speed cable connection has been not so high speed since Farrah and Michael passing. Seems a little better today and it should calm down soon.

Comment

I saw

Originally posted by DTS View Post
        My high speed cable connection has been not so high speed since Farrah and Michael passing. Seems a little better today and it should calm down soon.
        something on blogs about Jackson's death slowing it down, but thought maybe it was just an internet rumor (may just be my computer -- it gets slower and slower as I put more returns on it).

Re: Jackson -- I wouldn't trade places with his doctor for all the tea in China. Rev. Jesse has arrived (can Al be far behind?) and is looking for somebody to officially crucify. It's amazing how those guys swoop in on every "crisis."

Comment

B B's Computer

BB do you do or have done monthly hard drive maintenance? I find that it helps to check for bad sectors and then defragment the hd each month. You could also get someone more knowledgeable than me to help you see if anything you do not use very often starts automatically when Windows starts.

Comment

My computer slowed down to about 20% of normal speed when I installed PC-Cillian
            spam eliminator software by Trend Micro which was furnished free by my high speed modem
            provider. After uninstalling this software, my computer runs as fast as it did before
            I installed this spam eliminator software.
            Last edited by dyne; 06-28-2009, 03:25 PM. Reason: more data

Comment

I have McAfree and while it is very good and reasonably priced, I had to disengage it from automatic scanning, etc, and set it to do it when I tell it to, so that I don't have to stop working while it is doing its thing. I know I probably need a new computer.

Comment

Working...
              X