Irs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irs

If I address a CP2000 and there is a change in my client's favor (small refund), will the IRS send client the difference or do I have to amended after the client has been made aware of the final outcome.

Thanks, Dennis

Check is in the mail?

I had one that moved into a small refund situation, received the IRS check, and then received the IRS letter informing her a check would come in the mail. Just had that one instance; however, so don't know if it's the usual IRS procedure to send a check without further action on your part or your client's. (You know I'm responding mainly to get to Member status and not because I know anything that would actually answer your question.)

Comment

Quote:
      (You know I'm responding mainly to get to Member status and not because I know anything that would actually answer your question.)

Don’t worry about Member status—its Sr. Member status that you want to get.

Comment

What???

Why not strive for Master, I mean Master Member like I do in my house? I am soooo kidding. If you knew my wife, you'd know this was not the word to use in the house. Although, I do try once in awhile!

Lion, don't worry about the Member thing. Just keep giving good advice and it will come!

Dennis

Comment

Hey, I was nudged into posting one word at a time to become "Member". I threw all morals out the window and I did it. But I vowed to make up my laps in moral judgement by providing something of value to this board. I'm trying and still have a long way to go.

Lion, as stated, It will come in due time.............
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

CP 2000 and Sr Member Status

CP 2000 notice, I have had really good experiences. Sometimes additional refunds, due to an oversight, but most always have been able to establish that the notice was in error.

Submit the documentation and any additional information and request the correction. If it is not accomplished through the communications on the CP 2000 notice, then file the 1040X after the CP 2000 notice has been closed.

Well I have posted that Member status was "30" posts. Bob W made it with some help.
            Okay Dennis, Lion and Gene, it is now your turn. Keep posting with questions and very good answers. We all learn as we converse!

Now, the question is what does it take to get to Sr Member, oh dear! Maybe 60 posts???

Sandy
            Last edited by S T; 07-14-2005, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Senior Member?

Senior Member? Oh, no! How many levels are there, anyway? I'm just coping with the newest change in H&R Block's certification (probably due to CA and it's rules!) and what to have on my business cards. Not to mention having trouble with my stepdaughter's friends calling me Rita instead of Mrs. Lewis even though they call my husband/her father Mr. Lewis and not Dad. Oh, well, I answer to about anything. And, I guess I have an excuse NOT to answer if I don't like what I'm called....

Comment

Originally posted by Lion
                Oh, no! How many levels are there, anyway?
                I believe there is also a category of "Executive Member." You have your junior members, your members (no modifier before "members" implies "regular" or "unremarkable"), senior members, and executive members. Those are the public members.

The private membership cateories are secret member, double secret member, super secret member, super secret double member, and double executive super secret special member. That's the one you don't want to mess with.

There need to be classifications so we can have meetings.

-armando

Comment

Oh, my!

Armando,

I've recognized your intelligence and tax knowledge and even your passion, but I don't think I was aware of your sense of humor until now. I'm sorry I didn't notice it sooner. Keep us on our toes!

Thanx,
                  Rita

Comment

To Moderator

Moderator, would you please relay my appreciation to the junior member for the junior member's kind words, and that I look forward to the junior member's attainment of member status at which time we may engage in direct colloquy.

And by the way, that ascot fits you smashing.

-armando

Comment

So Noted and Recorded.

Comment

Paul!

Paul, too? Don't tell me you five left that other place in order to create your own social class structure? Didn't you ever read "The Lord of the Flies"? I thought classes are still alive in the South, not the frozen North. I'm learning so much on this board. And, I now know what the Moderator's job is! Good luck, by the way, in your new endeavor (not just as a moderator).

Comment

Member not for me

I’m not sure I want member status. Junior member is fine with me. I was once a full fledged member of the straw hats society, a sorta hillbilly version of the red hats society. But membership meant too many responsibilities. Everyone kept wanting a piece of me, so I quit.

Comment

Finish it Out

C'mon you guys. You're almost there. It's the home stretch. Finish strong. You can do it. It's natural to second guess yourself when the end is just over the horizon. Don't give up. You're almost there! We're all waiting for you with a pitcher of ice cold lemonade.

Comment

Lemonade

Well, the lemonade did it for me. If Lance Armstrong can keep pedaling for six years or so, surely I can keep typing during one more off-season. Especially for nice cold lemonade. No paper cups now.

Comment

Working...
                              X