Employees Time Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employees Time Sheet

Does anyone have an excel template for an employee's time sheet that they would be willing share.

T/P uses QB and QB has a time sheet, but we have a work comp audit that is requesting not only hours, but Time Start and Stop, which QB does not provide.

Thanks,

Sandy

Is the Tax Tools time sheet not good enough? If not what about doing one on Excel?
    JG

Comment

Are we allowed to share tax tools in an electronic format?

I knew that I could use the time sheet in my own business (to keep track of my time and that of people working for me if there were any) and to keep track of reported times for a client if so requested. But I think ST wants an electronic file she can give to a client who will keep track of his or her own times and so what I am asking is whether CFS would have a problem with our doing that.

Comment

Excel

Thanks JG - no the CFS Time Sheet won't work.

Work Comp Audit is asking for specific items, such as stop and start time, work comp code, hourly wage, overtime, etc.

QB gives me what I need, but not the WC code and not stop and start. Can't seem to get everything in one spreadsheet, unless I try to make one on my own, and I am not great at creating Excel spreadsheets

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post

Work Comp Audit is asking for specific items, such as stop and start time, work comp code, hourly wage, overtime, etc.

QB gives me what I need, but not the WC code and not stop and start. Can't seem to get everything in one spreadsheet, unless I try to make one on my own, and I am not great at creating Excel spreadsheets

Sandy
          Maybe this link will help:

Learn how to do just about everything at ehow. Find expert advice along with How To videos and articles, including instructions on how to make, cook, grow, or do almost anything.

Comment

Qb

I'm a real beginner in QB and do almost nothing with payroll, but many times they have custom fields available...

Comment

Sandy
              What I've done with WC codes is set them up in payroll items and do 20 hours in this code, 20 hrs in that code, etc. It seemed to work to have each one categorized on the summary page.(But his doesn't help with the start and stop time you need.)

Then the only problem was with overtime. The same codes could be used with "#3333 Overtime hours" or something like that.
              JG

Comment

After doing a brief search, here does appear to be a number of such programs available for sale, but they aren't cheap (at least by my standards). I believe the lowest price SW for this purpose was about $400. If it's a sizable audit, perhaps you can bill your client for the cost. The hours saved from developing a spreadsheet tool as a novice, might justify the cost. I'm also a spreadsheet idiot. I can't believe I've never really used spreadsheets much, most of the other software I've used has all the tools I need.

Comment

Oh more

Thanks JG and Zee for your suggestions!

After more than several hours of cruising the internet, I did find a "free" excel worksheet to download that did have start and stop times. Took another few hours to figure out how to modify it, but managed that, like I said I am "Excel Challenged" So I think I finally have arrived at a "spreadsheet" that might provide the WC info.

All of my payroll clients are on Quickbooks, and unfortunately, QB, no matter what you do, will not provide all of the information that is required from the "Calif" State Compensation Insurance Fund. So I am going to have to prepare two separate reports. One from the QB payroll summary/journal, and then this extra "excel" spreadsheet for time cards. Seems to be a new requirement effective 1/1/08 for California Contractors, that we were not notified of until March 2009 This is also part of my services that I provide for my payroll clients, representing them on WC audit, usually, but not always an added charge.

As it turns out, this will be okay, as we are moving this particular client to a more friendly paperless system - they have outgrown their office space due to the amount of file cabinets and paperwork.

The Calif WC audit has to do with the tier rating under $24/25 per hour and over $24/25 per hour wage classifications for a particular contractor classification code. But I would also think that they are looking at overtime issues as well and the forever 1099 subcontractor issue as opposed to day laborer.

Then as luck would have it - I remembered that I have a client that works for the Calif State compensation Insurance Fund - so sent some questions and samples to her. She was willing to give me info and feedback. That was very helpful for this client as well as any other contractor client Kudos to that client of mine!

I appreciate everyone's feed back and even reviewing the post, and now think that I can accomplish what seemed to be an impossible task a few days ago.

Sandy
                  Last edited by S T; 06-22-2009, 08:31 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Thanks JG and Zee for your suggestions!

After more than several hours of cruising the internet, I did find a "free" excel worksheet to download that did have start and stop times. Took another few hours to figure out how to modify it, but managed that, like I said I am "Excel Challenged" So I think I finally have arrived at a "spreadsheet" that might provide the WC info.

All of my payroll clients are on Quickbooks, and unfortunately, QB, no matter what you do, will not provide all of the information that is required from the "Calif" State Compensation Insurance Fund. So I am going to have to prepare two separate reports. One from the QB payroll summary/journal, and then this extra "excel" spreadsheet for time cards. Seems to be a new requirement effective 1/1/08 for California Contractors, that we were not notified of until March 2009 This is also part of my services that I provide for my payroll clients, representing them on WC audit, usually, but not always an added charge.

As it turns out, this will be okay, as we are moving this particular client to a more friendly paperless system - they have outgrown their office space due to the amount of file cabinets and paperwork.

The Calif WC audit has to do with the tier rating under $24/25 per hour and over $24/25 per hour wage classifications for a particular contractor classification code. But I would also think that they are looking at overtime issues as well and the forever 1099 subcontractor issue as opposed to day laborer.

Then as luck would have it - I remembered that I have a client that works for the Calif State compensation Insurance Fund - so sent some questions and samples to her. She was willing to give me info and feedback. That was very helpful for this client as well as any other contractor client Kudos to that client of mine!

I appreciate everyone's feed back and even reviewing the post, and now think that I can accomplish what seemed to be an impossible task a few days ago.

Sandy
                    ST-

Can you post the link to the free software, or send mean email?

Thanks.

Comment

Zee,

I will send you an email?

Sandy

Comment

free software

I would like the link too. Maybe you could just post it?

Comment

Okay

Guess It is okay - after searching I found them on the internet

Sandy

Comment

Qb

Again, prefacing this with my beginner status on QB, but I have exported almost any type of QB report to Excel with just a click of the Export button. Once in Excel, you can add what QB lacks, such as start and stop times (and delete extraneous info). Have NOT tried saving the spreadsheet as a template so I could export to an already formatted spreadsheet the next time.

Comment

Working...
                            X