Where is -

Snaggletooth (Mr. Ron Jordan) ?

Regards - Ricardo

Snags

Has been posting, sometimes under another user name

Sandy

Comment

Others are Missed -

...in particular, Lance Emerson, Armando Beaujolais, and Luis Mopeo.

Great advice from this ghostly trio...

Comment

Say Snag,

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
        ...in particular, Lance Emerson, Armando Beaujolais, and Luis Mopeo.

Great advice from this ghostly trio...
        What ever happened to Arizona Ken (the barber) -- and Chief, we don't hear much from him anymore.

Sea-tax and Veritas -- there's two wise and witty characters that I miss. Wonder where they've gone?

Hmm, let me see now....who else? Okay, that tpert and Opie were pretty smart guys, except I got in a squabble with one of 'em over posting etiquette or sump'n and they up and left -- too bad, they knew lotsa stuff.

Mopeo? Yeah, he was good. A couple of others...can't recall the names...will look at older posts -- they're in there somewhere.

Ricardo -- Hey! Nice to have you back.

Comment

Good Ole' Boys

A couple guys left because they accused the board of running a good 'ole boys network. Black Bart and Snag were two of the names they bantered about, because we post frequently. Stir silenty, and out comes ChEAr$ from Alabama and Redneck from Lousiana. JohnH from NC. A real "southern tier" we've got going here.

What can you expect when your clientele is from places like Lickskillet, Marked Tree, and Hatchie Coon?

We miss some of the old gang, but we've got a coal scuttle full of new folks. Auditor turned Good, Joanmcq, BHoffman, Davc, and many more. And some eminent folks from Yankeeland, like NYEA and Uncle Sam. Sure hope I'm not insulting someone because I left them out -- but we really DO have good people.

It would be on-target if we mentioned something about taxes on this thread. So remember that June 15 is quarterly estimate day!! I just mailed mine off -- every time I seem to get money ahead, Uncle Sam is there with his hand stuck out to take it.
          Last edited by Snaggletooth; 06-13-2009, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Snag

I'm reading you loud and clear. This tax season was h**l. I believe I'm getting to old for this.
            Maybe I should retire for the second time.
            Redneck

Comment

My laptop

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
              What ever happened to Arizona Ken (the barber) -- and Chief, we don't hear much from him anymore.

Sea-tax and Veritas -- there's two wise and witty characters that I miss. Wonder where they've gone?

Hmm, let me see now....who else? Okay, that tpert and Opie were pretty smart guys, except I got in a squabble with one of 'em over posting etiquette or sump'n and they up and left -- too bad, they knew lotsa stuff.

Mopeo? Yeah, he was good. A couple of others...can't recall the names...will look at older posts -- they're in there somewhere.

Ricardo -- Hey! Nice to have you back.
              died. I used to watch tv and read the forum.

Hope everyone is well.

Comment

Bummer

Bummer! My laptop died, also. It was old and only used if I needed to go to a client site or had an assistant doing data entry. So, it had just the one return being entered. I hope to find someone who can boot it so I can backup that return. But, don't want to buy a new computer nor laptop yet with Vista. My current desktop (with lots of onsite and offsite backup systems in place!) works just fine and is XP. I've been watching CraigsList for an inexpensive laptop with XP to get me through until Windows 7 is out with about service pack 1 or 2.

Comment

Bart -

I never really left -

Just sittin' here all this time learnin' from you nice folks.

Regards - Ricardo

Comment

Been around lurking, just haven't had anything to say.

Comment

laptop with XP

Lion, check out Buy.com or even the Dell outlet store. You can find refurbished computers (sometimes a laptop) with XP. Like you, I'm avoiding Vista like it's the swine flu (H1N1 ? to be politically correct.

Comment

I'm running Vista on one standby computer in my office.
                        I don't view it as having swine flu at all.
                        Leprosy maybe, but not swine flu.
                        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Thanx

Thanx, ABD. I'm going to check out those sites.

Comment

Originally posted by abctax View Post
                            Lion, check out Buy.com or even the Dell outlet store. You can find refurbished computers (sometimes a laptop) with XP. Like you, I'm avoiding Vista like it's the swine flu (H1N1 ? to be politically correct.
                            Yes, you would not want to insult the Vista System by being politically incorrect.

LT
                            Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Working...
                            X