CD Tax Book, how to put in notes & highlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD Tax Book, how to put in notes & highlights

I want to be able to put in notes, and highlight areas, I want to mark it up like I do the book. I have version 9 of Adobe. But every time I exit it says I can not save it. I don't understand why? Is the program is on my computer , like I think it is (otherwise we would not have to do the updates), why can't I make additions to it?. May be I don't know how to mark it up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think Adobe Reader allows you to save documents. You have to purchase one of the non-free versions of Adobe Acrobat in order to edit and save documents.

Comment

I purchased the full version 9 of Adobe Acabat, for that reason. I am not using the reader.

Comment

Adobe acrobat

Adobe acrobat came with my scanner which was a big bonus in buying the scanner. Now I can edit pdf files but so far I haven't really found out all of the possibilities.

Comment

I want to be able to put in notes, and highlight areas, I want to mark it up like I do the book. I have version 9 of Adobe. But every time I exit it says I can not save it. I don't understand why?
          The .pdf file itself is not protected using the Adobe protocols, nor is it marked as 'read-only'. But the folder that the .pdf file is in IS marked as 'read-only'. Looks like they're using the normal Windows protection system to maintain their product integrity. This would also explain why you need 'administrator' privileges to install updates.

If you feel comfortable messing with Windows security, you should be able to save a page with mark-up or typewriter notes on it.

Comment

You can edit and save a read only PDF file with Adobe Acrobat Professional or Standard by using the “Save As” command.

Keep in mind, if you edit a PDF file and save it in the same location as the original, you run the risk of losing your edits next time you download an update. When we post updates for the WebCD, we are editing those same PDF files. Thus, our edits will overwrite your edits, unless you save your edits in a different location.

Comment

Working...
            X