Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY IT-203-ATT; necessary if no work in NY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY IT-203-ATT; necessary if no work in NY?

Client lived in NYC for 45 days while working in NJ before moving to PA (still working same job in NJ). Moved to NY from CA, had same job all this time but at no time actually worked in NY since her job was in NJ. However, she did claim residency for the period and her w-2s (all 4 from the same company!) does show NY & NYC wages and w/h for that period, as well as the correct apportionment of NJ, CA & PA. Do I need to fill out the IT-203-ATT? or is that form only for nonresidents that have worked in NY as well as out of NY? I may be overthinking this one, but the instructions aren't totally clear.

Py

It's also for PY residents to apportion certain credits, such as long-term care credit. If he had any of the credits listed and if 45/365 of such credits makes a difference, then go for it. I have few residents and mostly non-residents, so maybe someone else will jump in here.

Comment

It-203

You will also need to fill out Form IT-360.1 - because part year residency in NYC requires a separate computation.
      Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

I've got that one (IT-360.1), but if there are no credits, then no ATT?

Comment

Ny-203-att

If no flow through item goes through the ATT form, then there's no need to complete it.
          Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Working...
          X