Spreadsheet Comparison of Tax Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spreadsheet Comparison of Tax Programs

Is anyone aware of an on-line spreadsheet type comparison of the different pro software?
    DIY programs are not a replacement for a good tax pro

NATP prints one in their publication (TaxPro) every year, but I do not know if it is online or not.

Comment

NATP had one

NATP had one last year for members

Comment

I appreciate your responses. Unfortunately I'm not a member because they force you to pay dues/fees for both national and state...I find that unnecessary. Maybe their site page will come up if I use some other search engine.

Comment

I pay only one fee

From their website:

Chapter Membership - You'll receive member support, education, and networking opportunities at the state and local level with NATP Chapters. Plus, Chapter membership is a FREE member benefit!

Maybe they have changed that policy since you last looked. Check it out again!

Comment

NATP had one last year for members
            The NATP spreadsheet offers little in the way of comparing features of the different softwares. More like how many customers, prices, delivery dates, etc. What you have to learn the hard way is the little things ---

TaxWise has a zip code database; TaxAct does not.

TaxAct automatically handles foreign tax on a 1099-DIV; TaxWise does not.

Comment

Originally posted by kaimana View Post
              I appreciate your responses. Unfortunately I'm not a member because they force you to pay dues/fees for both national and state...I find that unnecessary. Maybe their site page will come up if I use some other search engine.
              NATP charges one membership fee for everyone. State membership is free, but not all states have chapters. I cannot remember if Hawaii has one or not. But it is worth it for the research it provides, and continuing education opportunites, both nationally, regionally and within each state.

Comment

okay...I'll take another look at it...but, I can't see paying for research I can get free elsewhere. I get networking through forums and CPE at reasonable prices. Can't seem to justify the need to pay for the membership.

ProSeries has so much to offer in research, intergrated zip, etc. Just wish we all had a way of verifying SSN.

Comment

I thought so

It's not NATP, but NAEA which mandates state membership.
                  ChEAr$,
                  Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

thanks Chears now that you mention it, I remember that to be the case.

Comment

okay...I'll take another look at it...but, I can't see paying for research I can get free elsewhere. I get networking through forums and CPE at reasonable prices. Can't seem to justify the need to pay for the membership.
                      ProSeries has so much to offer in research, intergrated zip, etc. Just wish we all had a way of verifying SSN.
                      A member of NATP is given one free research question per year. I have only had to request more than one per year since I first became a member. But it was worth the fee and I passed it on to the taxpayer. Also, they have started putting a Q&A on their weekly email newsletter based on research questions they have received which are of general interest, and I have benefited from them gratis.
                      PS: There is a way to verify SSN's online thru SSA. It is designed for employers but I think you can access it.

Comment

Really Burke? I guess I will check the SSA sight again.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
                          PS: There is a way to verify SSN's online thru SSA. It is designed for employers but I think you can access it.
                          Burke,

Are you referring to e-verify?

Comment

Is anyone aware of an on-line spreadsheet type comparison of the different pro software?
                            Not a spreadsheet but these guys review most of the tax programs available.

Comment

I shall ignore

thanks Chears now that you mention it, I remember that to be the case.
                              your mispeling of my moniker! (grin
                              ChEAr$,
                              Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
                              X