1099-R Box 7 "P" code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099-R Box 7 "P" code

I've got a couple of clinets that received 1099-R forms with a "P" code in box 7 indicating an over contribution to a qualified plan in 2007. Instructions say this is taxable in 2007 and I should amend that return. I haven't had one of these before, anything special about them? Just set up the 1040x and enter the 2008 form and let er rip? Thanks for any insights.
    In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

Dave,

Take a look at this discussion and see if it helps you out. I have looked at this discussion a couple of times in the past. There are other discussions on this subject if you Google: 1099-r with code p

Seems this board had a discussion on this a year or so back. I will search for you, if this is not what you need.

D

Comment

Thanks DTS, That was the discussion I needed.
      In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
      Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Dave

Happy it helped you out. I've had your situation a few times in the past and always run to this thread.

D

Comment

Working...
        X