Multiple Member LLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Member LLC

Has anyone had any expeirence with this? I know that an LLC is is normally posted on a schedule C, but how is a multiple member LCC recorded? TIA
    Rick in Seattle

Llc

Are they filing as a partnership?

D

Comment

Is it a multiple member because of husband & wife?
      Maria R., CRTP
      Los Angeles, CA
      Software Used: ProSeries since 2008

Comment

Default vs election

By default multimember LLC's file as a partnership; however the election can be made to file like a corporation. I think a Husband/Wife LLC can elect to file two schedule C's and proportionately split out the income and expenses (I've always just done a 1065).
        Last edited by krazykev; 04-16-2009, 04:49 PM.

Comment

LLCs

Rick,

All the LLCs I prepare are on a 1065.

D

Comment

Multiple LLC

Three sisters inherit a condo from mother upon her death. Their lawyer forms a LLC for them. Do they each file a schedule C or do they file one, and if one, who files it? TIA
            Rick in Seattle

Comment

3 sisters

File a 1065 with them listed as members. Let them pick the person amongst them that will be the contact person for your preparation and that will look over and sign the return. I suspect one or more of them is not wanting to do this?

D

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                Has anyone had any expeirence with this? I know that an LLC is is normally posted on a schedule C, but how is a multiple member LCC recorded? TIA
                Rick welcome from a fellow northwesterner.
                Don't take this the wrong way my intent is not to be crass, but if a Multi Memeber LLC is something you are unfamilar with , might I suggest that you either partner with a more expierenced preparer in the arena of 1065's taxes or disengage from this client and begin to take some course studies in this area. This part of the tax code is complex. There are many pitfalls and without the proper knowledge you may be doing yourself and your client a disservice.

Comment

Originally posted by sea-tax View Post
                  Rick welcome from a fellow northwesterner.
                  Don't take this the wrong way my intent is not to be crass, but if a Multi Memeber LLC is something you are unfamilar with , might I suggest that you either partner with a more expierenced preparer in the arena of 1065's taxes or disengage from this client and begin to take some course studies in this area. This part of the tax code is complex. There are many pitfalls and without the proper knowledge you may be doing yourself and your client a disservice.
                  With all due respect I would echo Sea-Tax's advice. Even if there were not multible members involved you would be looking at filing an "E" not a "C" unless significant personal sevices were involved, discussion of which is ongoing on another thread. You will do yourself or your client no favors by getting in over your head.
                  In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
                  Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Working...
                  X