Drake Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drake Software

I'm thinking about changing software company, somebody can give an opinion about Drake software?.

I use ATX and plan to stick with it unless they run me off (which is possible).

However, I have evaluated Drake repeatedly in order to keep a backup ready, and I would definitely switch to Drake if a change ever becomes necessary.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

I use Drake. Can't beat the price.

What software are you currently using? It is substantially less data-entry, spit out forms, friendly than Lacerte. Especially complex business returns, but they get better every year.

Schedules and letters are also not as pretty as Lacerte.

But, you get every return in the book including all states for $995 if you purchase before May.

Get a trial version and see what you think. I'm very satisfied.

Comment

Used it for the last 7 or 8 years. Works great for me. I do about 900 returns a year both easy and involved. I hardly ever call support but when I did you always get a live person.
        The business entity products are not as user friendly as the 1040 but after a learning curve life is good.

Comment

My Opinion

I initially started using Turbo Tax but I didn't think the service was that great. I followed another taxman when he ordered Drake. I liked the idea of free electronic filing. Need to have the business to justify the $995 charge. I would recommend Drake as the customer service is excellent. I've had them for about 15 years and plan to renew.

Comment

I have used Drake for 11 years. I am happy with it. Tried samples of others, but never saw any reason to change.

LT
            Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Taxworks

I am using taxworks.

Comment

thanks

Thank you all for the input.

Comment

After much deliberation, I switched from ProSeries to Drake for this season. I got an evaluation copy of the software right after last tax season ended and never decided until December. Now that I have used it for an entire season, I would not go back to ProSeries. There is a bit of a learning curve, but the product has really improved just since the '07 version. Tech support is great and their discussion forum is really helpful. I think the thing I like best is that the company actively seeks input from the users of the software and then implements the suggestions - of course not all of them, but a good number of them are put in or at least put on the list for the next year. My advice would be to get a demo copy after tax season ends and then input all your returns into Drake to see how it works. I would not rush the decision just to get the $995 price by end of May - they still offer smaller discounts off the full price until the end of the year.

Comment

With Drake do you have to pay additionally for....

Efiling and/or Printing an S-Corp, C-Corp, form 1041 and form 1065?

If so how much?

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
                      Efiling and/or Printing an S-Corp, C-Corp, form 1041 and form 1065?

If so how much?
                      No, the software includes all of these at the one price. It also includes a document management module, website, and client write-up module.

Comment

Working...
                      X