Self prepared efiling up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self prepared efiling up

According to the IRS, through the week of 03-20-2009, the number of efiled returns is up 20.1% over the same period as last year. The professionally prepared efiled returns is down
    0.1%. In actual numbers, the pro returns are down nationwide by 34,000 returns.

While it does not show the number of mailed returns by pro & home prep, the total number of returns received by the IRS at that time was down 1.5%.

But guess what, the dollar amount of the average refund is up 7.7%. Hmmmm - I wonder if there is some sort of give away this year? I think I heard something about an Earned Income Credit. I guess I'll have to look into that.

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

i saw an HRB ad last night about the reviewing your tax return and the amount of refunds they were able to get for people who had their returns done by someone else. how bad can someone screw up to miss $4000, or even $500 additional refund? those are big numbers!

Comment

If I remember correctly, somewhere in the "fine print" there is some type of disclaimer that this figure is "of the ones that got an additional refund". In other words "We don't count all the ones that were ok, just make a big deal when we find one that is wrong."

LT
      Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

thomtax

It not only counts only those who were found to be entitled to more money, it counts only those who were found to be entitled to enough more money that they agreed to pay HRB's normal fees to get the money.

Comment

Working...
        X